Status
Not open for further replies.

maxwello

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I am a Newbie to Outlook Custom Forms and I want to know if it is possible to use a IF AND formula in the validation tab under properties.

What I want to happen is, If the user has selected Bloomberg in the platform field and the Clearing Applicable field is Blank then to throw up a message "Please advise if Clearing is applicable"

I have tried, IF [Platform]="Bloomberg" AND [Clearing Applicable] <> "" and different variations and I have broken it down and tried just using [Clearing Applicable] <> "" which gives me the message but when I tried [Platform]="Bloomberg" nothing worked.

I have searched the internet but haven’t had any luck finding a solution PLEASE HELP.

Appreciative Newbie

maxwello

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thanks Larry,

Although I still cannot get it to work, will the statement work in the Validation Formula bar?

=IIf([Platform]="Bloomberg",[Clearing Applicable] <> "")

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Anything available in Fields and Functions should work.

Do you get any error messages?

The formula format is IIf( expr , truepart , falsepart ) and it looks like you are missing the falsepart. (I'm not sure the true part is right either)

maxwello

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
Anything available in Fields and Functions should work.

Do you get any error messages?

The formula format is IIf( expr , truepart , falsepart ) and it looks like you are missing the falsepart. (I'm not sure the true part is right either)
Hi Diane,

What I want to happen is If Bloomberg = yes then the user needs to put a value in client clearing field, if they dont I need the error message to pop up asking the user to add a value and if Bloomberg isnt selected at all then to ignore everything and carry on.

So far I have entered the formula in the properties validation line and then entered the message in the line below. But with the formulas that I have played around with so far I cannot get anything to work. I would really appreciate some further assisance as this is stopping me getting any further on my project.

Kind Regards

OLiver

Status
Not open for further replies.