BCM Synch

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello

I'm wondering if there is a possibility to manually trigger a synch between the local DB and the remote DB (script or command).

An automatic synch is in place but I'm taking in consideration the fact that many users will be working with the offline DB (f.e. travelling or no internet connection).

The local DB will be updated and until the user goes online the changes will not be visible for the other BCM users.

Is it possible to somehow manually force this synch ?

Cheers

W

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
In this case it is possible to monitor the synch proces?

Any log file available where we could check the progress/errors?

F.e.

- someone worked offline and created 20.000 new contacts and another user created only 2 contacts

- both users go online and the synch process is running in background

- the 2 contacts will be synched with the shared DB in a couple of minutes (probably?!)

- how will the 2nd user be able to know when the contacts are synched with the shared DB

- will it take a couple of minutes or a couple of hours to synch 20.000 users?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As far as I know, no it is not possible to monitor the sync. It shouldn't take too long to update the contacts, a fraction of an hour, not hours. Without testing it (so i could be off) I'd guess no more than 15 min to sync a lot of updates in a local network. (I've synced thousands of records between two sql servers over the internet in about 30 min - sql is surprisingly fast.)