Add custom locations to Outlook Forms "Look In:" drop-down list

Max

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I'm pretty sure it is possible to implement what I need but I don't know how.

I'd like to have my custom locations in the "Look In:" drop-down list when choosing a form. I mean this dialog:

Home -> New Items -> More Items -Choose Form... Look In:

For example, I need "MyCutomForms1" to be displayed in this list along with default locations "Standard Forms Library", "Organization Forms Library" etc.

And I plan to point "MyCutomForms1" to a network share where my templates are stored.

Any ideas how to achieve this? I looked into group policies and registry settings but couldn't find anything that would allow me to add a new custom location.

Thanks in advance.

Max

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
You can set the user template path (group policy > Office > shared paths) but only uses the user's path. Setting a path will replace the \Microsoft\templates path outlook uses. You'd need to browse to find other folders.
Thanks, Diane.

I know about this setting in group policy, but are you sure it is not possible to add a new folder? I remember I saw such things once.. Unfortunately, now I have no chances to find out how those guys implemented this.

I remember they had custom locations right here in this drop-down list, under Inbox (see screenshot)

333448.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'll double check - I know that lists all folders (in Outlook) where custom forms were recently published, but I don't recall being able to add hard drive folders. The MRU list is stored in the registry.

Max

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'll double check - I know that lists all folders (in Outlook) where custom forms were recently published, but I don't recall being able to add hard drive folders. The MRU list is stored in the registry.
Oh I didn't realize it was just an MRU :) If i'm not wrong, it is stored here among other MRUs (for Outlook 2010)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profile-name\0a0d020000000000c000000000000046

But I don't know which exact registry value contains MRU that is used in "Look In" dialog.

Well, anyway I don't think I'll be playing with these registry value - it's much easier to use Browse once and then the folder will be displayed every time.

Thanks for the hint.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Office Explorer\namespaces but its not editable - you can delete it to start with a fresh default list.