Source Domain Based Routing

  • Thread starter S2FubmFuIFM
  • Start date Views 2,017
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

S2FubmFuIFM

Exchange Routing internet he Mails to Internet Based On Accepted Domain.

I am have 3 Accepted Domain (A.com, B.com & C.com) and also 3 Different SMTP

Appliances(A Box, B Box & C Box). I want to Route the all outgoing Mails from

A.com, B.com & C.com via A.Box, B Box & C Box respectivity.
 
M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 01:52:01 -0700, Kannan S

<KannanS> wrote:


> Exchange Routing internet he Mails to Internet Based On Accepted Domain.

> I am have 3 Accepted Domain (A.com, B.com & C.com) and also 3 Different SMTP
> Appliances(A Box, B Box & C Box). I want to Route the all outgoing Mails from
> A.com, B.com & C.com via A.Box, B Box & C Box respectivity.


I'm struggling to think of a way you could manipulate a transport rule

here.

Can I ask why you want to do this? Doesn't make sense at the moment.
 
S

S2FubmFuIFM

i am having small issue (in Outgoing Mails) through SMTP Box B. For

throubleshooting i need to route one accept domain (B.com) through SMTP Box

B.

so that i can test Outgoing mails through SMTP Box B

Since some mails are not going outside when it is route through SMTP Box B.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:


> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 01:52:01 -0700, Kannan S
> <KannanS> wrote:
>
> >Exchange Routing internet he Mails to Internet Based On Accepted Domain.
> >I am have 3 Accepted Domain (A.com, B.com & C.com) and also 3 Different SMTP
> >Appliances(A Box, B Box & C Box). I want to Route the all outgoing Mails from
> >A.com, B.com & C.com via A.Box, B Box & C Box respectivity.


> I'm struggling to think of a way you could manipulate a transport rule
> here.
> Can I ask why you want to do this? Doesn't make sense at the moment.
>
 
M

Mark Arnold [MVP]

On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:23:01 -0700, Kannan S

<KannanS> wrote:


> i am having small issue (in Outgoing Mails) through SMTP Box B. For
> throubleshooting i need to route one accept domain (B.com) through SMTP Box
> B.
> so that i can test Outgoing mails through SMTP Box B

> Since some mails are not going outside when it is route through SMTP Box B.
>


Err, what exactly are you doing? That makes no sense to me. please

provide something meaningful about your architecture.

Are you saying that you have multiple outbound SMTP gateways? If you

are having problems with 'some' mail there's no point in even trying

to direct mail out of a particular gateway because of the simple

difference between the words 'some' and 'all'
 
S

S2FubmFuIFM

We are having 2 Outbound/Inbound SMTP Hardware Appliance. we are also having

3 Company Email (Accepted) Domain (A.COM, B.COM & C.COM) in Same Exchange

2007 Organization. But all the mails from internet to Exchange is received

via Inbound SMTP Hardware Appliance & the Mails from Exchange Org to Internet

is routed from the Exchange Server itself. Since when we are trying to route

a mails to internet via Outbound SMTP Hardware Appliance, the some of mails

are Quarantined by the SMTP Hardware Appliance without any notification.

So Now i have upgrade my Firmware of the SMTP Hardware Appliance &

Reconfigured also. Since the Exchange Setup is in production i can't simply

route the all the Internet mails again through SMTP Hardware Appliance

without testing it.

So we want route the internet mails via SMTP Hardware Appliance from the

Email Domain C.Com Only. Since it is having around 10 Users so that we can

monitor it for 5 Days, if it works fine then we will route all the mails

using SMTP Hardware Appliance.

This is My requirement

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:


> On Mon, 6 Apr 2009 07:23:01 -0700, Kannan S
> <KannanS> wrote:
>
> >i am having small issue (in Outgoing Mails) through SMTP Box B. For
> >throubleshooting i need to route one accept domain (B.com) through SMTP Box
> >B.
> >so that i can test Outgoing mails through SMTP Box B
> >Since some mails are not going outside when it is route through SMTP Box B.
> >

> Err, what exactly are you doing? That makes no sense to me. please
> provide something meaningful about your architecture.
> Are you saying that you have multiple outbound SMTP gateways? If you
> are having problems with 'some' mail there's no point in even trying
> to direct mail out of a particular gateway because of the simple
> difference between the words 'some' and 'all'
>
 

Chrischmi

Member
You can do this with our tool ptecs ExSBR - Sender Based Routing for Exchange Server 2007 and 2010. You find a short description on http://www.slipstick.com/exs/misc.asp or just write us an email to exsbr at ptecs dot de - and you get an eval version from us.




Regards, Chrischmi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top