Status
Not open for further replies.

wallisellener

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello

An user is experiencing a really weird BCM behaviour.

This is basically what happens:

- a contact is opened

- on the contact details page the user is trying to select the mobile phone number and instead is getting the FAX or another field

- same reaction when selection Email2 or Email 3 - another field is shown and not Email2 or 3 like desired

- if f.e the user will try to open the mobile phone number field to edit it -> another field will be displayed like assistent phone and editing is not even possible !

We tried switching between production and test database but there was no improvement.

Thus I'm suspecting it's a local problem.

The next step would be to un/reinstall BCM.

Are there any ways to avoid the reinstallation of BCM?

Will reinstalling fix the issue?

Cheers

W

I'm experiencing a similar behavior in that whether I can no longer select the "Business" phone number whether in an existing contact or lead record or in a new contact or lead record. i.e. Opening an existing record shows the phone number that was in the "Business" filed but is now showing with the "Home" field label and no amount of clicking on the down arrow and attempting to select any other field will do any good.

Same goes for "Email 1" showing as the "Email 2" field

This is so frustrating. BCM has so many strong points yet in other ways is such a POS. I'm becoming more and more afraid to trust working in it much longer for the fear that all is going to crash and all my business data will be lost.

Any thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm experiencing a similar behavior in that whether I can no longer select the "Business" phone number whether in an existing contact or lead record or in a new contact or lead record. i.e. Opening an existing record shows the phone number that was in the "Business" filed but is now showing with the "Home" field label and no amount of clicking on the down arrow and attempting to select any other field will do any good.

Same goes for "Email 1" showing as the "Email 2" field

This is so frustrating. BCM has so many strong points yet in other ways is such a POS. I'm becoming more and more afraid to trust working in it much longer for the fear that all is going to crash and all my business data will be lost.

Any thoughts?

Hi,

I do not agree with the above.

There is no solution to be found on that link.

I am in a similar situation: a customer of mine was using Outlook 2007 with BCM 2007. After upgrading their machines to Outlook2013+BCM x64, the field labels of various objects-buttons on the contact's form are messed up, show different values than expected, and change in a peculiar way, by displaying other than the selected choice after click.

I tried re-creating databases but no change, & I also re-installed BCM on the DB owner's laptop - again no change...Seems a gui issue to me...

This is extremely frustrating, to have to explain to a customer that a perfectly working solution on 2007 software is messed up after upgrading to the newest version of the same software. An action of which we obviously had high expectations...:mad:

Any help would be appreciated.

Thx,

Jeroen

Dear Diane,

I also raised this issue on on the MS forums: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...013-form/ba2bb408-2476-4ffd-a213-64c61ad72e97

(A lengthy description of the behavior can be read on this page)

Uninstalling all outlook of office 2013 updates (I could not determine which were the Sept updates, as I only installed the machine in Oct, and all updates had an Oct installation timestamp) and rebooting afterwards did not resolve the issue.

What would you suggest to bring this issue to the attention of Microsoft support?

Regards,

jeroen

i reported it a few weeks ago, when i first became aware of it at the end of Sept. I haven't heard what the status is or when to expect a fix.

are there any news on plans fixing the issue?

It's very confusing and additionally the "wrong fields" are also shown in the gadgets. Unfortunately there's no way to uninstall the buggy updates, cause they are not shown in windows update history.

regards,

Tobias

after generating the database scheme via schemaSpy (https://forums.slipstick.com/threads/91117-bcm-database-scheme/) i think the problem isnt to be found in the Addin itself but in one of the views tables which has wrong columns labels. If that is right, a fix could be quite difficult, cause Microsoft additionally has to access the database and change/ alter tables.

If someone knows on which view the contact formulars access, this could be fixed on the sql server db.

ideas?

thanks

I haven't heard anything on the status of this bug. It was not fixed in the SP1 bits, although I didn't have BCM SP1 bits, only office and if your theory is correct, then it would need to be fixed on the BCM. But, the problem was introduced by an update on or about Oct/Nov - AFAIK it was fine in RTM.

If Microsoft can only fix a few of the field names in a timely manner, which ones should they focus on? (Yeah, I know, timely manner is way past due, but it's a very small product group and a long story.)

Do you use all of the phone fields or just business?

yes the phone numbers. its the most irritating for our back-office

Is there a fix for this?
It is very annoying for my users to have to verify what fields they are entering information.

A new build will be released in the Microsoft Download center soon. What language of office do you use? I might be able to get you a copy before its released.

A new build will be released in the Microsoft Download center soon. What language of office do you use? I might be able to get you a copy before its released.
I use Office 2013 64 bit English
Thank you very much!!!
it will be greatly appreciated.
Eduardo Macias

I would like to have a copy too. Office 2013 64 bit English

Status
Not open for further replies.