Use Outlook 2003 with Office 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregonsee

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Is it possible/safe to retain Outlook 2003 while installing the rest of Office 2013, but NOT Outlook 2013? I would like to be able to do that for compatibility with several other machines/users which use Outlook 2003. For them, the rest of Office doesn't matter. In looking around, I could not find the exact answer, though lots of recommendations to remove Outlook 2003.

Treg

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's been a while since I tried it (during the beta) - and back them Outlook 2003 often hung when sending email when i installed Office 2013 on the same machine. Support told me it was because the older versions of outlook were not supported in a side-by-side install. I haven't tested it with the RTM build.

Depending on which office 2013 suite you have, you may not be able to uninstall outlook 2013 - but one of the advantages of 'click to run' is that you can have 2 versions of Outlook installed.

When you mix Office and Outlook versions, some features might not work, like the file, send using email links in other office apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.