Addins4Outlook TagIt! addin script or VBA module?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rappleby

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
The VBA thread is closed so this seemed the only forum available for my question.

TagIt! is an outlook addin from Standss.

Can any of you programming gurus create a script or VBA module that we could cut and paste which would allow us to automatically tag an email as part of a Rule in Outlook 2010.

brilliant_code,

brilliant_code,

brilliant_code,

brilliant_code,[insert your tag here]

more brilliant_code,

more brilliant_code

Thanks.

. Ray

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is the correct forum for programming questions - we didn't get a lot of programming questions and didn't think we needed a separate forum for it. The last week weeks, I'm not so sure. :)

I'm not sure how tagit works - if it uses categories, then yes, you can use VBA to do it. If it uses a different method, it may be possible, it really depends on how it works.

rappleby

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Thanks for the reply Diane. TagIt! is a COM addin that places buttons on the ribbon for quick access. With the email open or in the reading pane, you click the button and add your tags. You then have the option of tagging only, or tag and file. I only require the tag function as I use Quickfile for the rest.

If nobody is able to come up with a script or VBA code, I can use categories but this will result in a huge list of categories since an email can have multiple tags. I would much prefer to use TagIt! but even if there are links available to use VBA, I couldn't even begin to write the code. That's why I was hoping that a code writing guru would be able to whip off a VBA module so that I could cut and paste the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.