Attachments to New email item

Status
Not open for further replies.

suhasjose

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Can someone please help me out with this? I have almost 150 pdf files in a folder and i want to email them to a common email address based on the file names. For example; There are files names as - 1000,1000#1,1000#2,2000,3000,41000,41000#1 - Here I need to send every files with same name before "#" in one email. In this example files -1000,1000#1,1000#2 -should go in one email, 2000 should go in another email, 3000 should go in another email and 41000,41000#1 should go in another email. I have been able to send each file in th efolder in seperate emails, but I couldn't figure out how to attach files in the above said manner.. I am trying to automate outlook to do this task.

Thanks in advance for your valuable advices!

Sub AddFiles()
Dim StrFolder, StrFile, StrFiles(200), StrSearch As String
Dim i, j As Integer
Dim myMailItem As MailItem
'Select FOLDER and save all file name in an array
StrFolder = "C:\New Folder" ' CHANGE THE FOLDER
StrFile = Dir(StrFolder & "\*")
Do While Len(StrFile) > 0
i = i + 1
StrFiles(i) = StrFile
StrFile = Dir
Loop
'Loop through the array, upon finding a filename with 4 characters, loop through the aray again and find similar files
For j = 1 To i
If Len(StrFiles(j)) = 8 Then ' eg 1000.pdf - 8 characters
Set myMailItem = Application.CreateItem(olMailItem)
StrSearch = Left(StrFiles(j), 4) ' eg 1000 - first 4 characters
For k = 1 To i
If Left(StrFiles(k), 4) = StrSearch Then
MsgBox StrFiles(k)
myMailItem.Attachments.Add StrFolder & "\" & StrFiles(k)
End If
Next
myMailItem.To = "ADD RECIPIENTS"
myMailItem.Display ' Change to .send after testing
End If
Next

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Outlook 2016 Email with attachments not being received Using Outlook 2
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G Schedule recurring email and attachments display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Save and Rename Outlook Email Attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Outlook converts sent email to txt attachments when sync Using Outlook 0
Dan_W Nested email attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M Print email and, attachments sent in hyperlinks in the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Download pdf attachments only if email subject has one of words Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
I Forwarding attachments in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A Outlook - Send New 20 Attachments through Email Using Outlook 4
C Auto save outlook attachments when email is received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Rule To Save attachments on receipt of email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge Using Outlook 0
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email Using Outlook 0
M VBA code to save email attachments (PDF) as email subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Saving Outlook 2010 email with attachments but read the email without Outlook Using Outlook 2
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
C Visual Basic auto create task from email including attachments Using Outlook 9
G archive attribute for email attachments Using Outlook 2
H outlook email merging with attachments Using Outlook 4
R BCM: Email attachments are not shown BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
M Outlook 2010 and how to get attachments listed when creating a new email? Using Outlook 1
5 Automatically print email attachments Using Outlook 7
R Auto Reply with Original Email and any attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Mail Merge to email with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
H Storing an email along with its attachments? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Persist the email format and attachments / images while replying A Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Z Re: Auto Print email and word attachments on send Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How do I search email attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Outlook attachments from OneDrive as links Using Outlook 0
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
KurtLass Opening Graphics Attachments in Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 0
Commodore PDF attachments started to open in Edge Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to answer a mail with attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Print attachments automatically and move the mail to an existing folder called "Ted" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A Attachments.Delete Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Deleting attachments does not reduce file size Using Outlook 0
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Use an ItemAdd to Save Attachments on Arrival Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
shrydvd vba to secure zip attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R fetching blocked attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
H Outlook 2016 sent over 30 copies of an e-mail with attachments Using Outlook 1
W Automatically open attachments without automatically printing them Using Outlook 0
O Save attachments using hotkey without changing attributes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1