Annoying "-----------" at top of tasks

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook keep adding a blank line and a line of dashes at the top of every task. If there any way to get rid of this useless and annoying behavior?

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
is it in the task when you click New task? If so, its either in the form - are you using a custom form? - or a macro doing it.
No, I don't think it is ever there when a new task is first created. It appears later when the task comes due. I'm not sure if it happens when the task first comes due, after a snooze, or after a recurrence. And it doesn't happen with every task.

I did a little testing and I think I discovered when it happens. It's right after a task with a recurrence comes due and is marked complete so that that instance of the task is completed and a new instance is created. The new instance gets the extraneous text.

I captured 6 screen shots illustrating the process. The forum software wouldn't let me upload all 6, so I created a PDF with some explanation. It wouldn't let me upload that because it was too big. (sigh) So I created a DropBox folder and put it there. Here's the link if you want to look at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5855t31rrs1tyo/1pyqKpyeQg

I don't believe I have any custom forms or macros. At least I'm pretty sure that I didn't intentionally create any.

This has been happening for many years...