Annoying "-----------" at top of tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Murphy

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 64 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook keep adding a blank line and a line of dashes at the top of every task. If there any way to get rid of this useless and annoying behavior?

is it in the task when you click New task? If so, its either in the form - are you using a custom form? - or a macro doing it.

No, I don't think it is ever there when a new task is first created. It appears later when the task comes due. I'm not sure if it happens when the task first comes due, after a snooze, or after a recurrence. And it doesn't happen with every task.

I did a little testing and I think I discovered when it happens. It's right after a task with a recurrence comes due and is marked complete so that that instance of the task is completed and a new instance is created. The new instance gets the extraneous text.

I captured 6 screen shots illustrating the process. The forum software wouldn't let me upload all 6, so I created a PDF with some explanation. It wouldn't let me upload that because it was too big. (sigh) So I created a DropBox folder and put it there. Here's the link if you want to look at it:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i5855t31rrs1tyo/1pyqKpyeQg

I don't believe I have any custom forms or macros. At least I'm pretty sure that I didn't intentionally create any.

This has been happening for many years...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Diane Poremsky Annoying Outlook 2013 Calendar Features Using Outlook 0
G Annoying page of code when receiving Using Outlook 14
T How to remove annoying Big Blue Type at beginning of my messages Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2021 Can you make emails from 3 word domains "safe" by entering top 2 word domain into Safe List in Outlook? Using Outlook 1
T Why is every new email pinned (to keep it on top)? Windows 10 Using Outlook 6
MrMayor SENT mail not reloading to top?? Using Outlook 4
M Same file "stuck" on top of file list in "Attach File" drop down Using Outlook 4
S Outlook 2007 printing wrong email address at top of page Using Outlook 8
K How to access emails found to be located in "Top of Outlook data file"? Using Outlook 3
P How to make outlook display alert appear on top of other windows whenever a new email is received? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
K Sent Items not holding Newest on Top Using Outlook 3
L Sort bar at top of inbox preview outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
R Blocked Top-Level Domain List Using Outlook 2
A adding comment to top of forwarded email Using Outlook 6
D Outlook 2010: Change the font for the area at the top of an open email. Using Outlook 1
B Keeping an Outlook window on top (2010) Using Outlook 6
M Preventing conversation from moving to the top of the message box? Using Outlook 7
J top tool bar not working Using Outlook 4
J Changing name at top when printing contact Using Outlook 2
S New Mail message, with attachment, always on top. Using Outlook 7
B Outlook tasks and PDF Using Outlook 4
petunia Outlook tasks module sunsetting? Exchange Server Administration 3
Fozzie Bear Shared Calendar For Scheduled Tasks Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
S Sync Outlook (2021) tasks with Microsoft To Do Using Outlook 1
S Appointment font size when printing only changes Tasks' font Using Outlook 0
L Format Lost between Tasks and To Do Using Outlook 0
S Outlook 365 Help me create a Macro to make some received emails into tasks? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook - Macro - send list of Tasks which are not finished Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
V Outlook 2016 iCloud for Windows - Why no working Calendars and Tasks ? Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 365 Move newly created tasks automatically on save. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z Import Tasks from Access Using VBA including User Defined Fields Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P Outlook tasks keeps changing (updating) dates that I type Using Outlook 2
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
O Moving "tasks" to inbox in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
O Tasks - how to display "snoozed" tasks and snooze-times? Using Outlook 7
T Outlook 2010 Tasks are not visible in To Do list Using Outlook 5
T Outlook creating unwanted tasks in Tasks and Todo from emails Using Outlook 1
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2016 Multiple recurring tasks getting created Using Outlook 0
peterbata Shared Tasks Outlook for Mac Using Outlook 5
K Outlook tasks formatting Using Outlook 4
G Move tasks up/down todo list by VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
L Unable to Sync Web/Android MS To Do with Windows Outlook Tasks Using Outlook 3
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
U Macro for reminders,tasks,calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Recurring tasks break links Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 5
Y Outlook 2013 Stop Outlook from automatically assigning categories to Tasks Using Outlook 0