Macro to Open a Specific Word Document - Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMS

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Is there an outlook macro that will simply open up a document. I have document that is in a folder and just want to open that document when I am in Outlook. The pathway to the document is : (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\CalendarWordsDoc.docm). So is there a macro that will open it..and if so, please give me the full macro as soon as possible.:eek::eek::eek:

Not clear what the full macro is.....can you post it using the location of my document?

This is all you need to open a word file -

Public Sub OpenWord()
Dim oWord As Word.Application
Set oWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
oWord.Documents.Add Template:="C:\Invoices\template.dotm"
With oWord
.Visible = True
End With
Set oWord = Nothing

End Sub

Since my document is not a template....should save it as a template?....and then the "C:\Invoices\template.dotm" i replace with "C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\CalendarWordsDoc.dotm). Or if not a template and just a .docm, do I change the words Add Template to something else?

It really depends on what you are doing with it. I would use a template if its something you are reusing - like to send letters to clients. If its a file, like a log or diary then opening a document is ok.

if you are using it like a template, you need to use Save as or the original will be overwritten.

Thanks ...but the word document I am opening thru the code related to it, it does certain things but is not saved......so what do I change to open the document: CalendarWordsDoc.docm??

use Documents.Open:

oWord.Documents.Open ("C:\Invoices\template.dotm")

I did the following and it opens up the document....but it also opens up another folder called Documents......why is it opening a folder? Other than that, it's perfect!!!:D

Public Sub OpenWord()
oWord.Documents.Open ("C:\Users\Stoler Law\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\CalendarWordsDoc.docm")
With oWord
.Visible = True
End With
Set oWord = Nothing

End Sub

Is there an autorun macro in the word document? Only the file opens here.

The word document not as a template, as an autorun macro related to it.....and it does it all.........but it also opens up a folder

The word document not as a template, as an autorun macro related to it.....and it does it all.........but the macro to open the documebt also opens up a folder....if I just opened the document whereever I have it, it does not open up a folder

I have no idea - it's only opening the file here, so its nothing in the macro. Sorry.

Since the document is a macro enabled document, should we change the code so that it is recognizing the type etc......

Public Sub OpenWord()
oWord.Documents.Open ("C:\Users\Stoler Law\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates\CalendarWo rdsDoc.docm")
With oWord
.Visible = True
End With
Set oWord = Nothing

End Sub

I fixed it as the code re the document itself had in it the automatic close of the document but then it opens up to save it....so I took he automatic close out of it, and it works....Thanks so much.....And to tell you, as a template, it doesn't run the exactly code that comes with the document....I will look into that.....and hopefully, we can solve that line space area in my other thread please!!

When I looked at the word code, the macro which in the module for the "normal" document, it runs from the top if Microsoft Word Opjects, This Document, and the code in that area runs he macro called SelectAllLines ....and there is an error with this when I save the document as a template.....so here is the code and what should I change on it for the template so the document created from the template runs the SelectAllLines macro

Private Sub Document_Open()
Call SelectAllLines

End Sub

What does the macro do? You may be able to call it from the macro that opens the word document.

Status
Not open for further replies.