eas or imap

terryede

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I had to install a new hard drive. The data on my old drive was cloned and put on the new drive. I thought I had an outlook.com imap account but it turns out it is an EAS account. Yesterday I discovered over 15,000 messages in my sent item folder, there should have been under 700. Many messages had between 50 and 100 copies. How can I swithch to an imap account and not lose what is in my folders now? Thank you

terryede

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Am I the only person experiencing this? I removed the EAS account and tried to set up an imap account but outlook would not permit that. So I set up another EAS account and the send messages began duplicating out of control. Within minutes I went from a few hundred messages to over 4000 in the sent mail folder.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
what happened when you tried to set up an imap account ? it should work, but you need to set up the account yourself, autoaccount setup won't work.

When you log into the account online, are the sent items duplicated?

BTW, yes, i think you are the only person, or at least one of a few, because i haven't seen this complaint yet.

terryede

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
what happened when you tried to set up an imap account ? it should work, but you need to set up the account yourself, autoaccount setup won't work.

When you log into the account online, are the sent items duplicated?

BTW, yes, i think you are the only person, or at least one of a few, because i haven't seen this complaint yet.
I deleted every email in my sent items folder on the outlook.com web site, and everything in the sent folder in my Outlook program. Then I emptied the deleted items folders. Within about 20 minuets messages I deleted began showing up in the Sent folder again.