eas or imap

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryede

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I had to install a new hard drive. The data on my old drive was cloned and put on the new drive. I thought I had an outlook.com imap account but it turns out it is an EAS account. Yesterday I discovered over 15,000 messages in my sent item folder, there should have been under 700. Many messages had between 50 and 100 copies. How can I swithch to an imap account and not lose what is in my folders now? Thank you

Am I the only person experiencing this? I removed the EAS account and tried to set up an imap account but outlook would not permit that. So I set up another EAS account and the send messages began duplicating out of control. Within minutes I went from a few hundred messages to over 4000 in the sent mail folder.

what happened when you tried to set up an imap account ? it should work, but you need to set up the account yourself, autoaccount setup won't work.

When you log into the account online, are the sent items duplicated?

BTW, yes, i think you are the only person, or at least one of a few, because i haven't seen this complaint yet.

what happened when you tried to set up an imap account ? it should work, but you need to set up the account yourself, autoaccount setup won't work.

When you log into the account online, are the sent items duplicated?

BTW, yes, i think you are the only person, or at least one of a few, because i haven't seen this complaint yet.
I deleted every email in my sent items folder on the outlook.com web site, and everything in the sent folder in my Outlook program. Then I emptied the deleted items folders. Within about 20 minuets messages I deleted began showing up in the Sent folder again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Using IMAP and EAS with outlook.com account Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
N EAS vs. IMAP Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Drafts in Outlook 2013/Outlook.com with EAS & IMAP Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
M Outlook 2013 EAS, 3 imap accounts. Meeting invites not synced to outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook EAS protocol version Using Outlook 1
PMR0001 Mydomain Outlook.com and Exchange post EAS Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Configuring SmartPhones to use EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Can't import CSV or move Outlook items into EAS Accounts Using Outlook 0
Commodore Is Outlook.com EAS in Outlook 2013 "non-renamable"? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
D Message Save add ins do not work with EAS Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
J Outlook.com EAS Issue Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
A Outlook 2013 EAS: moving message causes duplicates Using Outlook 3
T Unable to create contacts subfolder in EAS profile Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
S Outlook.com set up as EAS in Outlook 2013 – Emails can take up to 25 minutes to arrive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 9
O Outlook 2013 EAS Account and POP Account - Common Sent Folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 21
K EAS and POP folders in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
C EAS using OL2103 Using Outlook 1
D Multiple EAS Accounts - One Unified Inbox? Using Outlook 4
C UploadReadAheadSize eas specific Exchange Server Administration 2
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
HarvMan Importing PST into IMAP account Using Outlook 12
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
I Help with Smart Folder + Query Builder on IMAP Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Discussion for all: IMAP + Safety Using Outlook 3
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
TomHuckstep Remove Send/Receive All Folders (IMAP/POP) button from Outlook 365 Ribbon Using Outlook 2
C Trying to move messages between imap accounts/folders Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2019 accesses POP3 but says its offline (because of IMAP servers?) Using Outlook 0
P "Item could not be moved" message occurs frequently for IMAP inbox, Office 365 Using Outlook 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
B IMAP server rejects sent email - cannot deliver messages Using Outlook 2
P Comcast IMAP broken but their second level support said to call "the Outlook company" Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2016 Unable to delete Gmail IMAP calendar Using Outlook 2
K Closing external IMAP email... Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
Z Remove GMAIL IMAP account from Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 2
Abraham Outlook 2013 Lost my folders when moving from PST to IMAP Using Outlook 11
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
G Outlook 2016: Want IMAP Data Files on My D: Drive and Not C: Drive Using Outlook 1
O Newbie question: how to sync two Outlook -Exchange and IMAP- calendars? Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i A few question before I decide to switch to Pop from imap Using Outlook 9
P Sending email from outlook IMAP to GMAIL where embedded images are added as attachment Using Outlook 1
L IMAP Emails Disappear Using Outlook 0
V IMAP backup Using Outlook 0
B Emails get stuck in Outbox of Gmail IMAP in Outlook for Windows Using Outlook 0
K Imap PC Outlook + Android phone Using Outlook 1
S Outlook (2016 32bit; Gmail IMAP) - Save sent message to Outllook Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0