• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

issue/ base and user defined contact types

tlassner

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
#1
Hi,

we just rolled out the BCM in our company.

- database runs on our MS SQL Server 2088 R2, exchange 2010

- 10 Clients with remote access to the BCM database

- all clients run with optional offline sync when offline

- ~ 2.700 business contacts

- ~ 450 account contacts

- base type account is split in two related contact types: customer and vendor/ supplier

Problem:

on two client machines only the base type account is shown, no customers and vendors.

on the other clients everything works fine, except the known issues like wrong label captions (weird label behaviour), ...

thanks for every hint

regards from Berlin

Tobias
 

tlassner

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
#2
I found a solution but did not for the cause of the issue:

- i migrated the productive database to our test db instance, save and restore cause the migration does not work in our case (BCM db tool can't find a db to migrate)

- after it I migrated it the other way around

--> the children contact types are now well shown on the two clients

Perhaps something with the permissions, but I did not find any differences in permission configuration of the MS SQL Server Management Studio
 
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
#3
That is odd behavior - it's hard to say what caused it. As for the labels, I have no idea when it will be fixed. It's on te top issues list, but that doesn't give us a time frame for a fix, only that they know its a problem.