Outlook 2013 - 2nd acct stopped receiving email after Win 8.1 upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willy K

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I use two accounts in Outlook 2013 (64-bit) and the default account (POP3) is working fine. It's synchronized by means of Syncing.Net (another PC is the master).

The second account is IMAP and set up Ok, sending email Ok, but it suddenly stopped receiving email after the Windows 8.1 upgrade (I think... it may be a coincidence though).

I have gone thru the account setup and everything checks out fine with the automatic test of send/receive at the end. I can also see the test email generated by Microsoft Outlook in my "Sent" folder and on the Server, but it never arrives in my "Inbox"; neither does any other received email that has been received on the Server after a certain date. This Outlook account simply doesn't retrieve new email from the Server anymore.

Any thoughts?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Who is the account with? I know ATT & Yahoo made some changes, but if it was that, the test should fail.

Did you try removing the account and adding it back? The November updates made some imap changes and some people need to remove and recreate the accounts.

But before you do that... try setting inbox as the root folder. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/2013/outlook-2013-imap-troubles/ for more information. (If you have a root folder set, try removing it.)

Willy K

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Who is the account with? I know ATT & Yahoo made some changes, but if it was that, the test should fail.

Did you try removing the account and adding it back? The November updates made some imap changes and some people need to remove and recreate the accounts.

But before you do that... try setting inbox as the root folder. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/2013/outlook-2013-imap-troubles/ for more information. (If you have a root folder set, try removing it.)
Thanks a million, Diane!

Simply setting "Inbox" as the root folder did the trick... (I did try to remove and re-add the account before, repeatedly, without any effect.)

How are we supposed to know about that? Why can't Microsoft prevent such annoyances and ensure reasonably flawless updates?

Diane, you are definitely an invaluable asset to Microsoft, clearing up their messes again and again... I really hope they recognize that and are rewarding you regularly :)

Thank you very much!

Willy

Status
Not open for further replies.