Copy emails from a dead Outlook 2010 account

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny99

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I could really use some help please. I had an Outlook 2010 account as a contracted person with the UN and they killed the account and decided to use a gmail account (I have no idea why!). I would like to get all my emails (folders too if possible) on, say, a USB stick and then put it on my new work computer.

I tried the Export function but you need to sign in and the account doesn't work. So, can I copy the outlook.pst file or even all of the .pst files and then open them somehow in another computer with Outlook?

I don't want to use these anymore to contact or respond, I just want to have the messages and the addresses of the people who sent them to me and my outgoing messages and conversations too.

So what can I do here?

Thanks a lot!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
it sounds like it was an Exchange or IMAP account - if exchange, you need the exchange account to open the data file. If it was an IMAP account, you should be able to export the messages that were fully downloaded - if messages were not downloaded you'll get the message about contacting the server.

If it was Exchange and if you only recently deleted the account, you may be able to recover it using System Restore to recover the account so you can export the contents of the data file.

Status
Not open for further replies.