OFT file problem

laaczy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I have edited our company's OFT to update it a bit. I have tried out a few things. After some tries, I have finished the new version.

But somehow some earlier changes are still existing in the file.

What I mean: there was a textbox which I have deleted. But the value check is somehow still active. I can even find it in the oft with a text editor. Some of the company's requesters got this error message and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Is there a way, to erase the history of an OFT file?

Thanks for your replys

Gabor

Forum Admin

Did you change the version # on the properties tab when its opened in the forms designer? You should always increment the version # when you up a new update so everything uses the new version.

laaczy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Yes, I have updated it too. Currently we only published it on our intranet site, and haven't uploaded it to the organizational forms, as we had it with the previous version.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't outlook delete every property of a field, as soon as I delete the field?

laaczy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I can send you the oft in PM, and you show you the problem. I really need a solution.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The form displays the fields - the fields are still be published in the folder if they contained data - outlook won't destroy data. Turn off the reading pane and go to Field Chooser - at the bottom of the drop down is user-defined fields [this folder] delete the fields from the folder.

laaczy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
My problem is this(source code of the OFT):

Képkivágás.PNG

I hope it is readable. There is no variable "cats" anymore, since I have deleted it weeks ago.

Képkivágás2.PNG

Any ideas?