Status
Not open for further replies.

laaczy

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

I have edited our company's OFT to update it a bit. I have tried out a few things. After some tries, I have finished the new version.

But somehow some earlier changes are still existing in the file.

What I mean: there was a textbox which I have deleted. But the value check is somehow still active. I can even find it in the oft with a text editor. Some of the company's requesters got this error message and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Is there a way, to erase the history of an OFT file?

Thanks for your replys

Gabor

Did you change the version # on the properties tab when its opened in the forms designer? You should always increment the version # when you up a new update so everything uses the new version.

Yes, I have updated it too. Currently we only published it on our intranet site, and haven't uploaded it to the organizational forms, as we had it with the previous version.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't outlook delete every property of a field, as soon as I delete the field?

I can send you the oft in PM, and you show you the problem. I really need a solution.

The form displays the fields - the fields are still be published in the folder if they contained data - outlook won't destroy data. Turn off the reading pane and go to Field Chooser - at the bottom of the drop down is user-defined fields [this folder] delete the fields from the folder.

My problem is this(source code of the OFT):

Képkivágás.PNG

I hope it is readable. There is no variable "cats" anymore, since I have deleted it weeks ago.

Képkivágás2.PNG

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H URL's don't work in .oft file Using Outlook 1
2 Create an email brochure - oft file? Using Outlook 3
J Add an Attachment Using an Array and Match first 17 Letters to Matching Template .oft to Send eMail Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
JorgeDario Template oft that contains VBScript Is not running Using Outlook 1
D forward email with attachment using .oft Using Outlook 3
airtas oft templates not sending changes Using Outlook 2
J Outlook .oft files Using Outlook 5
M VBA Send Sales reports using .oft files, originate in Outlook or Excel? Using Outlook 5
W Broken Folder Loop - Outlook 2007 (.oft files) Using Outlook 2
C Custom .oft / Printing Issue(s) Using Outlook 1
V New problem, .oft extentions in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 5
F CAN'T SAVE OUTLOOK 2010 E-MAIL TEMPLATE (.oft) Using Outlook 1
N How to automatically update all fields in an Outlook message template (OFT)? Using Outlook 9
M Opening oft Files Using Outlook 2
R Outlook Rules and OFT templates Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P how do I work with oft files in outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P outlook 2007 - custom buttoms with hyperlinks to oft files Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J How do I send a completed .oft form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Advanced search terms for "Outlook Data File" Using Outlook 1
G Save emails as msg file from Outlook Web AddIn (Office JS) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Outlook 365 File access denied attempting to import .pst Using Outlook 6
P Copying ALL calendar entries from Calender in PST file to IMAP OST file? Using Outlook 1
R Saving Emails and Attachments as .msg file Using Outlook 3
M Outlook Macro to save as Email with a file name format : Date_Timestamp_Sender initial_Email subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Wotme create email only data file Using Outlook 1
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
L Restoring Outlook from backup pst file Using Outlook 5
W Transfer Outlook 2016 autocomplete file to Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
V Backup Calendar, Contacts, Tasks in an POP3 data file Using Outlook 3
DoctorJellybean Use OST file location for fresh installation? Using Outlook 1
HarvMan Exporting IMAP OST file to PST Using Outlook 5
P File Picker for attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Forwarding email based on the attachment file type and specific text found on the attachment file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N File Picker for attachment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
N Save Selected Email Message as .msg File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
L Article on merging pst file Using Outlook 1
J Deliver new messages to New or Existing Data File? Using Outlook 2
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
T vba extract data from msg file as attachment file of mail message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Macro to file emails into subfolder based on subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Comma Separated Values.ADR and A file error has occurred in the translator Using Outlook 6
R Problem moving file “Email folders.pst” to new PC Using Outlook 5
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
V Pin a document to the "Attach file" Recent Documents list Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2016 Unable to load Outlook data pst file Using Outlook 5
K Need to convert .mmf file to .pst format Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0