Outlook 2007 is not remembering saved passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
It's been working fine for a year. Today that obnoxious little "Enter Network Password" box keeps popping up. My account name and password are already typed in. Each time, before hitting ok, I check "Save this password..." I have 7 email accounts, 7 boxes are popping up every minutes. It's driving me crazy. I've tried rebooting; that did nothing. Is there something in the registry that can fix this?

I'm using Windows 7 Professional.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Are they on the same email server? It could be a temporary problem. Also, how often are you checking for new mail? Use between 5 and 8 minutes.

If they are different servers, what OS are you using? Win XP is known to have corrupt password stores but Win7/8 rarely do.

Are you checking the accounts with a smartphone or device or computer? POP3 accounts put a lock on the mailbox so only one computer at a time can check mail. This will cause the dialog too.

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
Thank you for responding!

4 are gmail accounts and work flawlessly.

3 that are giving me grief are comcast.net, my IA provider. This problem might happen once or twice a month, but today it has happened between 75 and 100 times. I've deleted and re-created the 3 accounts. I've gone over the settings with Comcast. I've updated ALL MS updates. I'm using Windows 7 Professional and MS Office 2007. I use only my PC and I am the only user. I do not own a smart phone. I've been using Outlook 2007 on this PC for at least 2 years.

Is it possible for me to uninstall and reinstall Outlook to fix this? If yes, how do I preserve all my emails? (I despise Outlook.)

thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.