2013 64-bit Due times (deadlines) on tasks: how to set

Rahiem

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)

Good day,

I have struggled with he following for years, and the probem really pevents me from using Outlook for task scheduling. I have run several searches, but no-one seems to have the answer. My question is: how can I set end times on tasks (deadlines)? Just knowing the day a task is due, does not help much. For me, it is of the absolute essence to know exactly at what time a task is due, e.g. at 09:00, at 13:00 or at 18:00 or whatever. Because each task requires a diffferent amount of effort to complete, the due date could be up to a month into the future.

Would anyone have any idea, please? With the right instructions, I would not mind editing the IPM.Task file. But my programming skills do not really go beyond BASIC of the 1990s.

Best regards

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
tasks doesn't really have an end time - well, they do, but its the end of the business day its due. Reminders can be used to pop up at a specific time, but that is as close as you'll get to an end time. You could use it like calendar reminders - 15 min before you need to do it, so if you need to a do a task by 3 pm Wed, set the reminder for 2:45 or earlier, if you need more time to complete it.

Tasks are basically open-ended things that need done, while appointments are for things that need done at a specific time. You can use appointments for tasks or in conjunction with tasks (create a task and add it to an appointment to set aside time to work on it) - if you share your calendar, the appointment task should be set to free, unless you want to block off time to finish it.