opening Word Document in a business contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemetriaBeth

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have a word document that is called a preparer checklist. I would like to create a macro and a button to run it, and have the button appear in each business contact. Is this possible? If so, can I have the form populated by the info inside the business contact? Is there a way to map it?

Yes, you can.

I have a macro at Create a Letter to a Contact using VBA that sends contact fields to word bookmarks.

You can customize the ribbon to create a button for the macro. My sample works with contacts that aren't open - i select the contact, click the button on the ribbon.

Thank you Diane! You are such a smart lady! I will be trying this today. Hope I can make it work!

Okay. I guess I'm not as smart as I thought I was. I have created my template and save it in the Microsoft template folder. But now...I'm not sure how to add a button to the ribbon on the business contacts, and of course when I try to run the macro I get an error message. I know it's quite a cheek, but could you give me a few more directions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Opening Word Doc's in Adobe Acrobat Pro Using Outlook 9
L Opening People Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 2
U When opening shared Calendar "The set of folders cannot be opened" Using Outlook 0
KurtLass Opening Graphics Attachments in Outlook 2021 Using Outlook 0
Witzker Place cursor at opening, a user defined OL contact form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
A OutLook For Mac 16.46 Comes Up In Small Window When Opening Using Outlook 4
U Disable "Always ask before opening" Dialog Using Outlook 3
Wayne Outlook locks up when opening "Manage Rules & Alerts" Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Opening Mail Attachment Using Outlook 2
A Warning When Opening attachment Using Outlook 7
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 Changing events in Outlook calendar via opening file, importing CSV Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2007 crashes when opening an email Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2016- unable to have all subfolders expanded when opening outlook Using Outlook 11
GregS Immediate crash on opening Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Error Opening Outlook and Control Panel's Mail Applet Using Outlook 0
S my vbscript button1_click code works on appointment created but not on opening an existing apntmn Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
J Opening Attachments - in People Using Outlook 2
Mistyfied Outlook 2016 not opening Using Outlook 2
M Update field codes when opening Outlook Template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook PST not opening Using Outlook 1
U .pst file error at opening outlook Using Outlook 1
A Problems Opening Excel from Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Disable the Unsafe Hyperlink Warning when Opening Attachments Using Outlook 0
S macro for opening attachments and printing Using Outlook 1
Z how to make OL (2007) to use custom contact form when importing / opening .VCF? Using Outlook 1
T Opening email causes "Contacting ..." message Using Outlook 1
K Outlook 2013 stuck "processing" when opening. Using Outlook 3
S Opening Outlook Windows Using Outlook 1
S PoP up reminder while opening the outlook? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Opening/Archiving/Import/Export PST files Using Outlook 4
Y (Shared Folder) Using the preview pane to open and close a fax, without opening the email itself Using Outlook 1
E OL2007 on Exchange: opening OL on different computers Using Outlook 1
Z outlook 2007 - opening a contact from the search results doesn't use the custom form Using Outlook 10
T Error opening mail with pictures - "The linked image cannot be displayed" Using Outlook 3
P I'm getting an error when opening Outlook "Mobile me stopped working Using Outlook 1
B Contact changes from Personal to Shared when opening custom form Using Outlook 0
C How to stop iCloud calendars opening by default Using Outlook 8
U outlook 2010 freezes/crashes when opening encrypted e-mails Using Outlook 0
G OLMAPI32.dII error prevents Outlook 2010 from opening Using Outlook 2
D Custom Tool Bar and/or Commands do not remain when re-opening Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
G opening Outlook again after closing closing? Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2010: how to mark messages without opening? Eg for deletion Using Outlook 2
M I cannot start Microsoft Outlook 2013 directly opening a .eml message Using Outlook 1
L Opening up Contact from an Email - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 15
0 Outlook 2010 causes computer to lose connection when opening and Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 14
G Opening messages takes too long Using Outlook 5
G Opening pst files in different versions of outlook Using Outlook 2