Status
Not open for further replies.

igii05

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hello,

I'm using Outlook 2010 with two email accounts. First account is set up with pop/smtp (hosted email), Second account is set up with local exchange server 2003 (not full exchange, only used to store emails, calendars, public folders). For sending & receiving emails we use hosted email account pop/smtp, which is default account.

The problem is when I receive meeting request.....if i hit Accept > Send the Response Now, for some reason it will try to send from the Exchange account (which is not set up for sending emails).

The only workaround I know is to hit Accept > Edit the Response before Sending > change account from exchange to pop and send.

Would you please help me if there is a fix or any way to disable exchange account from sending emails !!

Thanks a lot.

It's a problem with how Exchange 2003 handles meetings in this type of situation. I thought I wrote an article about it but couldn't find it - the best way to deal with this IMHO, is to set the server to send mail to a smart host and add the hosted email addresses to the mailboxes as the default SMTP. The meeting gets sent via Exchange but the return address is the hosted address so replies work correctly.

I found this article - http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/exchange-server-smtp-servers/ - but its not very detailed. (I'll update it some.) I don't have an Exchange 2003 server anymore to check the exact steps, but i seem to recall the smart host is configured in the IIS SMTP server. You'd use the smtp server your hosted account uses.

Thanks a lot for the information!

I hopped there would be a fix in Outlook 2010 and I don't have to make any changes in Exchange Server. I don't feel comfortable with the Exchange 2003 but I'll give a try.

(btw Outlook 2007 works fine, it doesn't send emails from exchange)

Thank You.

Is the profile configured the same as it was in 2007? Outlook 2010 is a little pickier about Exchange being the default account.

Is the profile configured the same as it was in 2007? Outlook 2010 is a little pickier about Exchange being the default account.

Yes, same configuration.

I did mention our Exchange 2003 is not full exchange, Protocols: Imap4, SMTP, NNTP, POP3 are disabled !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Prevent connection to Public Folders on Exchange? Exchange Server Administration 3
R Exchange 2010 archive-prevent users moving items direct to archive Exchange Server Administration 1
R How to prevent corrupted Notes format in Calendar and Contacts Using Outlook 0
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
P Prevent Outlook 2016 from using DASL filter Using Outlook 4
D Prevent popup of "Do you want to save changes?" when closing after opening an appointment to view Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O How to prevent CC from showing when creating a new mail? Using Outlook 1
L OL 2016 contact: is there a way to prevent an admin from mistakenly deleting a contact? Using Outlook 1
D Multiple mailboxes, 1 certificate. How to prevent message "Invalid Certificate" Using Outlook 0
S How to prevent addins Using Outlook 0
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
Diane Poremsky Prevent Users From Choosing Stationery Using Outlook 0
evdbogaard How to prevent extra line feeds in replies Using Outlook 3
oliv- Prevent copying shared contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
D Prevent Outlook from resolving incomplete contact when clicking send Using Outlook 2
K Prevent meeting requests being sent from a shared calendar in a group mailbox Using Outlook 1
N Prevent reminder dismisal in shared calendar Using Outlook 1
C Security Question - How to prevent users exporting .iaf files Using Outlook 5
B Item_Write = False don't prevent custom form from closing Using Outlook 1
T WAB editing: To help prevent malicious code from running.......... Using Outlook 18
N Allow Another User to Send on Behalf of But Prevent Access to Inbox Using Outlook 4
M Links prevent sending email Using Outlook 3
K How to prevent that Outlook is sending before my add-in is finished? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
K Prevent sending Excel files as attachements Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Prevent Outlook from sending an email with a blank Subject Line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G To Prevent Malicious Code from running, one or more objects in thi BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S To help prevent malicious code from running, one or more objects in this form were not loaded. For m Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Script to either modify "from" address or prevent a reply being se Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J prevent user from installing wrong version of add-in Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z Prevent Changes to Custom Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
CWM550 Exchange Plan 1 Using Outlook 3
O Outlook - Switch from Exchange to IMAP Using Outlook 2
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
C Migrate Exchange to Office 365 Using Outlook 2
A Online Mode to Cached Exchange Mode problem Using Outlook 2
S client lost 3K contacts when office 365 for mac account deleted from company exchange server Using Outlook 5
C How to fix outlook continuing to prompt fo an Exchange password Using Outlook 0
O How to sync (one way) contacts between two Outlook (exchange) accounts? Using Outlook 0
H Preventing the 'email address fetch from Exchange' crashing email reading code Exchange Server Administration 0
B Strange MAPI/Exchange/IMAP behaviour in OL 2016 under10.0.19044.2006 Using Outlook 0
HarvMan Outlook 365 loses "outlook.com" exchange server settings Using Outlook 1
Z New minimum Outlook for Windows version requirements for Microsoft 365/Exchange Online Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 27
L Help connecting to hosted exchange server 2016 Using Outlook 0
O Exchange Sync period only (e.g. last years mail) Using Outlook 0
J Connect outlook to office365 exchange _without_ signing in office apps Using Outlook 4
J Importing N2K from a different Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
G Forward email body to other mail list directly from Exchange server Exchange Server Administration 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6