Admin cannot view full room calendar permissions

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I have full access administration to all our room calendars, and yet if I open a room calendar in Outlook and view the Properties, Permissions the Default access only shows two Read options available as shown below: None and Full Details. Whereas if another Admin (#2) views the permissions it shows all four options as shown in screenshot #2.

So if Admin #2 views the room the Default will show it has access to Free/Busy time, subject and location, but when I view the same room it shows Default as None since the other options are not available to me. I have cleared my Outlook cache and I am set in non-cached mode, and yet I still only see the two options rather than all four. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Disregard that I pulled this up in Options, just trying to show the four Read options available, that do not show up in my view of the Room's permissions as shown above.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
How many Exchange servers in the org? You are both using Outlook 2010 (or greater)? The first screenshot is the old dialog, not supported (i think***) with Exchange 2007 servers or in older versions of Outlook. If there are multiple servers and some are older, you could be hitting the older server.

*** I'm pretty sure it a new feature in Exchange 2010.

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We are a brand new Exchange 2010 shop with MS Outlook 2010.

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
We have 11 servers by the way, but all are Exchange 2010 SP1.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Do you see the extra FB options on other folders?

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I see all four options on my own Outlook calendar permissions, but if I look at any other calendar, room or person, I only get two options.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Ok. Just repro'd it with a Public folder calendar (an Ex2013 public folder mailbox). My account is the owner. I also have additional calendars in my test mailbox - the additional calendars only have two choices. I'm assuming this is because the calendars don't publish FB. But a room mailbox would behave differently from the PF and secondary calendars. The test server doesn't have any resource mailboxes - will set some up and see what i see.

Britonius

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Any luck on your end? I'm still researching and trying different things, but no luck so far. Today I even had trouble viewing the Default room calendar access correctly using PowerShell. My counterpart could view it in Outlook and change it just fine, but for me it shows Default as None yet it had AvailabilityOnly set and she moved up to LimitedDetails. Very strange.