Undeliverable Emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

deborahbowers

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
Am receiving "Undeliverable" message from System Administrator every time I send an outgoing email. This problem just started a few days ago.

Message states: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: & Date: The following recipient cannot be reached:" (nothing entered).

I know this forum has received similar requests from others, but those responses don't seem to help me.

I have Outlook 2007 and WIN 7. My ISP is Century Link (Qwest). Have spend hours on the phone with them to no avail.

NOTE, I can send an outgoing message only if it is a reply to an incoming message. I have triple-checked all my Outlook Account Settings, but can't seem to find any problem. Have had Outlook 2007 for years without a problem. The only recent changes I made was downloading "Companionlink" to synch my Kindle & "HTC SynchManager" to synch my cell phone, and one of them seems to have affected Outlook performance somewhat.

Thanks
Debby

It sounds like the address book entries were corrupted and it's possible that companion link is responsible.

Are you using autocomplete to address your mail? If so, clear the autocomplete cache and see if that fixes it. If not, open a contact and delete the email address then retype it and save. Can you send to the contact now?

It sounds like the address book entries were corrupted and it's possible that companion link is responsible.

Are you using autocomplete to address your mail? If so, clear the autocomplete cache and see if that fixes it. If not, open a contact and delete the email address then retype it and save. Can you send to the contact now?

I don't use autocomplete, but I deleted and retyped several email addresses, and was immediately able to send messages. Thank you very much for your help. But I don't know what to do about Companionlink - it's the only program which allows me to synch my Outlook Calendar/ Contacts to both my Kindle and HTC cell phone (the HTC SynchManager rarely works, & occasionally wipes out all of my Calendar events). Do I have to uninstall Companionlink, or is there a way to use it without corrupting my Contacts?
Thanks

It may be a one time thing with companion link or it's one of the devices. Set companionlink to use a one way sync - outlook to the device.

I might have a macro here somewhere that can go through the contacts and resave the addresses so they resolve - it will be faster than editing a lot, one at a time.

I get the same error, I've searched high and low, still no answers. I do use auto complete, I rely on this for my job. Disabling the auto complete function just forces me to type out the e-mail address (which I do now anyway). I have deleted my contacts and saved them again, that didn't help at all. This happens when I press enter to auto complete the e-mail address with every contact.

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Subject: test
Sent: 01/04/2014 10:44 AM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
() on 01/04/2014 10:44 AM
None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient.

if you type out an address that is not on autocomplete, do the messages send? if only address that are in autocomplete are bouncing, then you need to clear autocomplete and let outlook rebuild it.

You have Outlook 2010, so go to File, Options, Mail and about halfway down, there is a Empty Auto-Complete List button.

Having the same problem and none of the suggestions have helped. Nothing in my contacts works (immediate System Administrator message: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: & Date: The following recipient cannot be reached:" (nothing entered). Does not appear in sent mail folder in Outlook or Gmail.com.) Started after I deleted all contacts an imported CSV from Google Contacts.

My System: Win 8.1, Outlook 2010 64 bit, IMAP to Gmail, Outlook connected to LinkedIn social network

What I've tried:
Re-install Outlook
Empty Auto-Complete list
Disable Outlook add-ins for Avast, LINC, Exchange
Disable Avast altogether
Retype email address in Outlook contacts
Delete LinkedIn connection

What does work:
Sending direct from Gmail.com using gmail autocomplete
Typing email address directly into Outlook "To:" field

Very perplexing and none of the forums seem to help.

RBJ

Since it works by typing it in, it means outlook is working - that the address book /contact features aren't working, it means that part is corrupt for some reason. It's possible the addresses aren't resolved since you imported them from a CSV file but retyping the address in contacts should fix it. Create a new contact then address a message by selecting it from the address book. Does it bounce back?

Somewhere :) Internet's been down though.

Status
Not open for further replies.