Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair

Stellar Phoenix Outlook PST Repair 2014-03-11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Admin

Please do not post links to other products in these forums. It is to discuss the product only.

To the spammer whose post I deleted: Spammers like you ruin the Internet for everyone else. Oh, and BTW, I'd NEVER recommend your product because you spam forums and websites.

Richard Anselmo

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
How can one recommend a third-party tool in this way? Oh god!!!

Who would love to spend money on buying such commercialware tools when there's something free? Microsoft provides SCANPST.EXE (the Inbox repair tool) to scan corrupted PST files. It can fix all the errors and other corruption issues from the PST file. I don't think that we should buy anything when Microsoft is providing something itself. I, myself, had no idea about this built-in utility. I read a blog on WordPress through which I came to know about it.

If linking something relevant here wouldn't be a cause for declaration of spamming, I would like to share that blog here: [link removed - this thread is for the discussion only of the product listed. Thanks for understanding. signed, The Administration]

Read this blog to know more about SCANPST.EXE and how to use it. I hope this blog would be useful for those users who are looking for a way to repair corrupted PST file.

Thanks.

Forum Admin

Commercial pst repair products can recover data scanpst can't. One should never immediately buy a commercial product without using scanpst first, but they do have their place in the world.

Larry-Sewickley

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
POP3
While Commercial products are sometimes necessary, I found a clever "work around" to avoid having to purchase a third-part product to repair a corrupted .pst file. I am running Win 8 on Outlook 2007. My Inbox was corrupted and the Microsoft scanpst.exe failed to effect the needed repair. The nature of the corruption to the inbox was such that downloads would not complete, and none of the files in the Inbox could be deleted (or moved), but THEY COULD BE COPIED (very important to the fix).

After some experimenting I learned:
1. Outlook can open several Outlook.pst files at once.

2. The "default" outlook.pst governs the responses of the system and indeed, adding a second file now adds a workable "Inbox". You will now have two "Personal Folders" in operation. (A real surprise to me)!

3. While the corrupted "Inbox" will not "erase" it WILL however, "copy". This is important as you will copy files from the old Inbox to the New, as you wish. You can also "drag and drop" any folders with sub-directories you have in the old .pst and just move them to the new. (How wonderful)!

4. As a separate item, I exported the contact list when it did not show up in the new arrangement. (I'm a bit fuzzy as just how I got this to work, however). Do try to export the contact list to a .pst file to effect this. (File > Import-Export > Export to a File... a ".pst" file and finally Point/select the "contact" location, selecting "add subfolders").

For step 2. you need to get into the Tools > Options > Mail Setup > data file Menu. "Add..." a second Personal Folder. It eventually must be set as the "default" file (to make the send and receives operational).

FYI, this "work around" was nearly perfect, but it left me with an extraneous "Inbox" containing files that cannot be deleted. Most importantly the sends and receives are normal, and none of the e-mail account setups needed to be changed or re-installed. My Outlook.pst file was almost 1 GB in size.

Be brave and give it a try, beside things are already screwed up and there is not much to loose. Be sure to back up the original "Outlook.pst" file before you begin, other than that explore, learn and attempt.

May your angst be "shredded" as you again emerge as fully operational!

Peace...

Status
Not open for further replies.