Status
Not open for further replies.

bluna

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
Hello All,

One of my clients is accidentaly (by user error) loosing her toolbars, fonts, and other settings.
I have to reset the view settings and manually set her font fonts and toolbar 3x a day! Is there anyway to save a configuration file?

Thanks

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
I'm not sure how you could do this accidentally? The views and toolbars are in different files and reset using different methods.

Anyway, no you can't save a configuration file. You could lock down the person's ability to delete files and change settings.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can use a macro to lock the views, you can back up the toolbar & ribbon files and might be able to use group policy to disable the reset toolbar commands. But I'm curious, how in the heck do they do this accidentally, several times a day?

bluna

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I'm not sure how you could do this accidentally? The views and toolbars are in different files and reset using different methods.

Anyway, no you can't save a configuration file. You could lock down the person's ability to delete files and change settings.
Interesting! How can I lock down her ability to change settings? Is this done through exchange?

bluna

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
You can use a macro to lock the views, you can back up the toolbar & ribbon files and might be able to use group policy to disable the reset toolbar commands. But I'm curious, how in the heck do they do this accidentally, several times a day?
Nice approach. I'm not to savy on macros though. How would I would I go about this?
I wish I could tell you how they do this! Just one of those users.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Oh, and I'll get the instructions to lock down some of the commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.