OL2007 on Exchange: opening OL on different computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdNerd

Outlook version
Outlook 2007
Email Account
Exchange Server
We use Outlook 2007 on Exchange (don't know the server version). I access my email using different computers, all tied into the same server and network, but located in different offices. I went through the set up and established a profile on each computer against my email address. My mail (except for personal folders, of course), calendars, and reminders are all good.

My question is this: Is each instance strictly local to that computer? If I delete a Reminder pop-up on one computer, is it deleted on all the others, too? If I delete emails from the Inbox on one computer, are they gone (or supposed to be) on all computers?

Just not sure how OL and Exchange handle this - any additional knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Ed

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
When you use exchange mailboxes, anything you change on one computer will update the other computers where you open the mailbox in outlook. Views, mark read, move, copy, deletions - these all sync to the server and down to the other outlook's. Dismissed reminders will sync too, but they may fire on all computers before the dismissal is updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.