Migration from BCM 2010 to 2013 is messing up the label fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janos Kreis

Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi All
Hopefully one of you can help me.

We had a Office/BCM 2010 environment and have now upgraded to Office/BCM 2013.
This went, according to screen messages and log files, ok.

But, on our custom page with contact details, the allocation between label descritpion and field content is now different / messed up:

I have written down the now wrong allocations:

Assistant – Other Fax
Business – Home
Business 2 – Home 2
Business Fax – Home Fax
Callback - Company
Car - Telex
Company – TTY/TDD
Home – Mobile
Home 2 – Other
Home Fax - Callback
ISDN – Assistant
Mobile - Pager
Other - Radio
Other Fax – Business Fax
Pager – Business 2
Primary – Body downloaded ??
Radio - Car
Telex - ISDN
TTY/TDD – Primary

So, meanwhile the BCM installation rendered useless, because all info regarding phone and/or mobile numbers don't appear in the right field.

So, I already have read in this forum, that this is a bug from Microsoft since August / November 2013, and up to now, nothing happened.

So, I assume that the current status of this case will remain as it is, so I/we need another solution.

The current one, and for me the only one, is to export all data into csv and create a new Database (with Office2013), create new masks, create new Field Mapping and import the data again.

The bad thing is that I have three databases like this, which are now useless.

Anyone has another solution or fix ?

Any hint will be appreciated...

Thx
 

Attachments

larry

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Diane said they are working on it and it will be fixed in the next BCM update. But she didn't say when that would be, so for now at least, it will remain as is.

Did you look at the DB with SQL to see if you could change the labels there?
 

Janos Kreis

Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Larry, thx a lot for your reply. I know that the Team behind BCM is currently working on a patch. But this is since last year september/october. We switched to Office 2013 some weeks ago. And unfortunately we need this DB for Sales purposes. So, I will try to export and import everything again this weekend.

And yes, I have checked the DB, and I cannot find any reference where I can change the description for labels, assuming this is standard and not changable.
 

Diane Poremsky

Senior Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I haven't had a chance to look in the database (BCM will not work on my desktop since a windows update last fall) - I'm assuming it's handled like most sql things and there is a table with the labels, but i could be wrong. If it's a custom outlook form, then we need to wait for the fix. I have no idea when that will be - BCM updates have traditionally been released a couple of months or so after SP1, but I haven't heard if this will be the case this time. :(
 

Janos Kreis

Member
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Dear Diane. Thx a lot for the reply even if this is bad news for me. I also had a closer look and can say, even if you find the label description (i didn't found it) and change it, after Microsoft has released the patch, other problems will arise. I also had a look to export and import the data again, but no change, simple not worth putting time into this project. What I will do is giving the users the allocation map, so that they won't enter information in the wrong fields, and will wait for the fix...

And: It is also affecting NEWLY created databases (on sql 2012 with Win 8.1, Office 2013).

Thanks all of you. When there is new info, i will post it.

Janos
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top