Possible to configure TNEF options based on *sender*?

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I've encountered an unusual (to me) situation, and haven't found any solution online.

I want to disable TNEF sending on our Exchange 2010 server, but only for a specific domain within our multiple-domain AD forest. A second, slightly less desirable option would be to disable TNEF sending for specific senders. While a little more tedious, that wouldn't be a big deal either and would be perfectly acceptable.

I can only find how to disable TNEF globally or based on the recipient. OR, needing to make changes on individual sending users' desktop Outlook clients (a really undesirable option).

Does anybody here know any way to specify that the Exchange 2010 server should not send messages using the TNEF format if those messages are sent *FROM* a particular user or email domain?

Thanks,
Steve

larry

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
You can configure Exchange to disable TNEF on mail to specific domains (ie, to gmail.com, to yahoo.com) by creating a remote domain connector on exchange. AFAIK, you can't configure a send connector or remote domain that specific users or groups use, with separate TNEF settings (but it would be a really good idea).

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Thanks Larry.

That was the conclusion I'd reached, but was hoping there was some option I wasn't aware of. Oh well.

Forum Admin

It's unbelievable that it isn't possible to assign groups or users to remote domains for processing - i have to agree that it would be a great idea and you're at least the 3rd person in as many weeks who asked how to do it.