Calendar entry reminders in Outlook.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
When I create an appointment in Outlook Home I create it without a reminder. When it goes to Outlook.com a reminder is created. This reminder then syncs to my android phone and then back to my Outlook Home calendar. Reminders are turned off for Outlook Home and for Outlook.com.
If I create the appointment in the calendar on Outlook.com it is not created with a reminder.
This is very annoying. I do not routinely use reminders in my calendar nor do I want them created by Outlook.com.
This appears to be a bug and a big one at that.
Any ideas?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is with Outlook 2010 and the Outlook Connector? I can't repro. My Outlook.com reminders are off, my driod reminders are off and a reminder is not added.

reminders.png

I have a macro that can remove the reminders as they get added in outlook. I'm not 100% sure it will work in the sync process but it might be worth a try.
http://www.slipstick.com/developer/reminder-all-day-events/

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook Home (used to be called Home Premium! or Outlook 2013 or Outlook 365 - it is the subscription product). Happens somewhere in the sync process from Outlook Home to Outlook.com.
As I said if I enter the appointment in Outlook.com calendar the reminder is not added only in the sync process. Reminders are OFF in all products....that's why I think it is in the sync process.
Fully reproducible.
See attached file with test results/examples of problem

Attachments

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Outlook Home (used to be called Home Premium! or Outlook 2013 or Outlook 365 - it is the subscription product). Happens somewhere in the sync process from Outlook Home to Outlook.com.
As I said if I enter the appointment in Outlook.com calendar the reminder is not added only in the sync process. Reminders are OFF in all products....that's why I think it is in the sync process.
Fully reproducible.
View attachment 1066View attachment 1065

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Just noticed my profile is incorrect. Show Office 2010 . tried to correct to Office 365 but that is not an option.
upload_2014-5-6_10-40-30.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Try deleting the Notifications on your devices entry - click the can icon i circled (squared? :)) in red.
reminder2.png

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Diane, You miss the point. The notifications as above only happens when an appointment is synced from Outlook Home to Outlook.com. By that time it has synced to my android phone and back to my Outlook Home. The appointment was created with NO Notifications on my PC using Outlook Home.

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Am I missing something? Is there someway to correct this other than after the fact?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I'm looking into it. There was an issue with exchange mailboxes and apple devices (fixed a while back) - it might be related.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As an FYI, this is being looked at by microsoft (along with the opposite problem - reminders you set don't sync down to outlook).

hguilfoy

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
As an FYI, this is being looked at by microsoft (along with the opposite problem - reminders you set don't sync down to outlook).
Diane,
Any idea of when this will be addressed? It is really causing a problem with constant reminders on my phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.