Funny characters when printng email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Flemibng

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Outlook 2013 32-bit on Windows 8.1 x64, Exchange 2007. When one of my users prints to a Brother B&W laser she gets all sorts of funny characters: see
Funny-characters_zps5ed36f92.png

. It only happens with this printer, but that's the one we want to be used unless something else is needed. I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer with no help.

Some administrative details: There's no "b" in my name, I mis-typed.

your "login with Google" does not work:

"400. That’s an error.
Error: origin_mismatch
Application: OutlookForums Login
You can email the developer of this application at: poremsky@gmail.com

Request Details
That’s all we know."

Based on the name format, I'd say the font is not available on the printer (assuming it's ok in print preview) or the font is corrupt or not installed (if it looks like this in preview).

You can change the font used in the Print Options, Page Setup. Choose a font for both title and fields that the printer supports. Complete steps are here -
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/how-do-i-remove-my-name-when-i-print-email/#font

Dug up my old login...

Changing the font improves things but not completely, the tile under my name in the signature still comes out wonky. And it used to work. I may have to figure out how to totally remove the print drive and reinstall.

if you want them merged, let me know.

is it only a problem for one (or a limited number) of users? Did it ever work for them? Is everyone using Win8? I still suspect font issues... but I'm not sure where to point you.

Status
Not open for further replies.