Editing contacts and adding photos

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
If I click the "Add Contact Picture" placeholder on the "classical" contact item form, it opens a dialog box for browsing on local drive (as usual). Is there any way in Outlook 2013 to semi-automatically "pull" the photo from social network (e.g. Facebook) and add it to the contact (that is, without looking for it on the web, saving it, and then adding it manually to the contact item)?

One more thing... searching for contacts from quickbar or ribbon (clicking there or pressing F11) now opens a "modern" contact card with both local and social networking data. Is it possible to open the usual one there?

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
No, you can't pull it to add to contacts. The mail header and social connector can pull it in. They need to rewrite the contact photo feature to make it dynamic and to pull in the social network photos.

I wonder... if you could use VBA to grab the picture from the social connector... if it could grab the photo, it can update the contact.

Commodore

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I guess I can live without it for now. :)
What about the other thing, opening contacts in the "classic" contact card interface from the (F11) search box, is it still doable somehow? Right now I have to go to Contacts, Business Card view, to do this.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
if you are using people view, you get the goofy cards, also if you use the Search Address Book button. I don't know of anyway to get rid of that foo-foo card.