Desktop Outlook not sending from alternative email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perito

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
I'm using Outlook.com. I have used Add a send-and-receive account (POP account) and added my own email address (myself@mydomain.com) and I am now able to receive all my emails to the outlook account and also I am able to send emails from the outlook account as my private email address (myself@mydomain.com).

I added this outlook account to the desktop Outlook. It synced and showed me all my folders and I'm still perfectly receiving all emails, the problem is with sending the emails. Using the desktop app I can only send emails from the outlook domain (myself@outlook.com) and it doesn't give me the option to send through my own domain like I can from the website.

What did I do wrong and What should I do to be able to send and receive from my own domain name, yet use Outlook's servers?

Thank You

You didn't do anything wrong - Outlook.com does not currently support using the other addresses from email clients, only from the website. Yes, this is a change in behavior from when it was called Hotmail.com. I don't know if or when they will change their policy on this. Sorry.

A solution for my problem was defining the new email as an alias also. Now everything can be used easily.

Thank You

Check the srs files and pst files, scan them and repair. Either change the name of outprnt file. Get a third party tool. This site might help you out: fixtill.com

Perito, can you explain how you did this?
Any updates from Microsoft on fixing this?

I tried that no luck. To make things worse the Windows 8.1 Mail app works like I think it should. Mail is received in the correct folders and when you send an email you can choose the 'From' address. I find it hard to believe they cant get it to work in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M McAllister Outlook stops Sending/Receiving/Synching after disconnecting remote desktop session Using Outlook 2
D Android/desktop App for sending to Outlook inbox? Using Outlook 1
P Yahoo/IMAP folder rename by Outlook desktop 365 Using Outlook 0
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about installing my Gmail account on my iPhone but still getting messages downloaded to my desktop Outlook. Using Outlook 3
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D Office 365 Outlook desktop app prompts for all account passwords on startup Using Outlook 11
C Why does Outlook (desktop) 365 for Windows keep making me input my passwords? Using Outlook 12
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
I Outlook for Mac 2019 using on desktop and laptop IMAP on both need help with folders Using Outlook 1
T Need to backup outlook.com to cloud storage, without desktop software - Testing UpSafe. Are there any similar services? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
P Desktop doesn't index Outlook IMAP files, laptop Outlook does index those same IMAP files Using Outlook 2
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
B How to get ALL Internet headers in Outlook desktop? Using Outlook 1
T Copying Outlook Account Setup For Desktop App Using Outlook 5
P Sync Desktop Outlook 2013 with Outlook.com? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
Travis Lloyd Linking Outlook 2016 Desktop To POP3 Acc't On Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
copperberry Outlook 2013 (desktop) vs Outlook 365/Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 7
L Save message from outlook to desktop in 2013 outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2016 Desktop - Automatic Rule Processing Using Outlook 3
Travis Lloyd Will Outlook 2016 Desktop Sync-up With Outlook.com? Using Outlook 8
H Move outlook emails >90 days to shared drive (Desktop) Folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Sync 2013 calendar between 2 devices -Surface 2 and Desktop using Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
T Outlook Calendar Sync MY GOAL: see work calendar on home desktop w/o OWA Using Outlook 2
mikecox Accessing Outlook on my Win7 desktop from Win8 laptop Using Outlook 1
D Great Outlook App That Allows Contact Search from Desktop Using Outlook 0
U How does outlook desktop work with outlook.com Using Outlook 5
makinmyway Help Using Windows Desktop Search to Index Outlook PST of another User Logon Using Outlook 14
F Google Desktop fails to index Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
W Outlook Desktop alert, notification, popup - turn off programattic Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Synch Outlook on Desktop and Laptop Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2003/2007 and New Mail Desktop Alerts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S Using Outlook on both desktop and laptop for one e-mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 2
D Unable to view older emails in desktop app Using Outlook 0
O Office 365 using POP3 on both laptop and desktop Using Outlook 0
T Desktop alerts show but no emails found Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Replicating mixed PST/OST profile to another desktop Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Desktop shortcut Using Outlook 1
D Desktop alerts not showing for folders other than inbox Exchange Server Administration 1
K Visual of Tasks on desktop Using Outlook 2
P Outllook on a laptop and desktop Using Outlook 1
L Oulook Size On a Desktop Screen Using Outlook 2
E No Contact Pictures in Desktop Alerts Using Outlook 10
M Windows desktop search not available Using Outlook 2
N The add-in "C:\program files\google\google desktop search\googledesktopO..." could not be installed Using Outlook 32
A Outlook can't remember outlook.com, Exchange password. Using Outlook 0
S Related messages show in main Outlook window vice new Advanced Find windows Using Outlook 1
H Force Outlook 2019 with GMail 2-Step to Require Login? Using Outlook 0
G Retaining Tabs in outlook body Using Outlook 2
V Setting up Outlook 2021 on new computer Using Outlook 2