Deleting Attachments(embedded) in Outlook 2013

ramdas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi Folks,
Currently I have Outlook 2013 32 bit. I receive emails with attachments (excel sheet, word doc) embedded in the email. When i try to delete those attachments i am not able to do so. I have tried to highlight them and use delete and/or backspace but no results. I also tried remove attachment option, it did not work. The attachments which are present under the subject line I am able to delete by using Edit Message and Remove.
Could someone provide a suggestion to remove attachments embedded in the email. I have attached an image of the attachment which is embedded within the email.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
The message is RTF format but it makes no sense that it would not be editable. I'll see if i can repro, make sure its not a bug.

if you go to to Options > Edit message can you remove it? Switching the format to plain text or html should also work, but it changes the message format, which may not be desired.

ramdas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
The message is RTF format but it makes no sense that it would not be editable. I'll see if i can repro, make sure its not a bug.

if you go to to Options > Edit message can you remove it? Switching the format to plain text or html should also work, but it changes the message format, which may not be desired.
Hi Diane,
Thanks for the reply. When i try to choose Edit Message, it is greyed out...it seems to behave very differently when the attachment is embedded. I could not get to see he option while in reading pane also.All I did was an upgrade from outlook 2010 to outlook 2013. This worked liked a charm in 2010.
Let me know...

ramdas

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi folks,
I had to do this to read email in plain text then the attachments appeared below the subject line and i was able to remove the attachments:
Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
File-> Options-> Trust Center-> Trust Center Settings…-> E-mail Security-> Read all standard mail in plain text

Thank you

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi all,
I have a similar problem in a calendar entry with an embedded message that in turn has an embedded PPT. I want to delete the PPT, but there doesn't seem to be an edit option in the calendar entry and if I open the message and click on actions, edit message isn't available.
Thanks

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Appointments don't have Edit message- they are always editable.

Edit message is on the Actions menu (of the open message) but grayed out or is it not on the list?

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
HI Folks,
2013 Outlook. I right-click on attachment icon. Choose "remove attachment". Save/close.
Here's the problem: The file size remains as it was before trying to delete the attachment. Also, the paper clip icon remains alongside the message.
Please help.
Thank you,
Roger