Excel Import Option: Need Help Updating Existing Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFarchmin

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
I’m working to clean up my 2010 BCM database and update e-mail opt outs from my Constant Contact account, etc., which is very time-consuming going contact-by-contact.

That being said, I have a long list of opt outs from my Constant Contact account. I would like to go in and update each contact by importing that Excel list into the BCM, and “updating” the existing contacts, and changing their marketing “status” to OPT OUT (a custom field).

From the tutorials I’ve seen and the demonstrations I’ve watched, I think my BCM 2010 is missing the option to “update”. Attached is a screenshot of the import options I'm given.

Even the “help” section of Outlook (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/o...ontact-manager-HA010379389.aspx#_Toc251157634 ) shows a screenshot with the “update” option. (in attached file).

Can you help? I don’t want to waste my time updating each record if there’s a way to do a bulk edit by importing the list.

Attachments

• Import Options for Kfarchmin's 2010 BCM 5-22-2014.pdf
    144.5 KB · Views: 572
Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D ISOmacro to extract active mail senders name and email, CC, Subject line, and filename of attachments and import them into premade excel spread sheet Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook Calendar 2016 import Excel Using Outlook 1
B Import Excel Text into Outlook Calender Using Outlook 4
ogodt Change Default contact form and import from Excel 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Problem with import Excel BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
C Way to import contacts from Excel into BCM Contacts? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L Error when exporting Sent Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
P OT: Need website like this one, but for Excel Using Outlook 0
kburrows Outlook Email Body Text Disappears/Overlaps, Folders Switch Around when You Hover, Excel Opens Randomly and Runs in the Background - Profile Corrupt? Using Outlook 0
M using excel to sort outlook appointment items Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
D Cannot populate certain UserProperties in Outlook from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
F Excel VBA to move mails for outlook 365 on secondary mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B vBA for exporting excel file from outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Excel vba code to manage outlook web app Using Outlook 10
H Information from user defined field into Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
S Excel VBA and shared calendar issue Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? Using Outlook 5
S save email from excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
C Trying to populate an appointment ComboBox from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Auto-export mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Accessing shared outlook folder doesn't work since switch to new outlook/excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
E Copying the whole e-mail body into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Copying data from e-mail attachement to EXCEL file via macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 38
S Find a cell value in excel using outlook vba Using Outlook 1
K Update Appointment category when changed in Excel Using Outlook 3
A Script to fetch data from mails in restricted collection and sending them to excel Using Outlook 1
D Paste Excel table into Outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
J Outlook 2013 Extract Flag Completed dates to Excel Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
D Retrieving Tables from outlook to excel Using Outlook 14
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
nathandavies Email Details to Excel & Save as .MSG on one macro - combination of 2 macros Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N Export details to a excel spreadsheet using macros Using Outlook 0
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
D Macro sending outlook template from Excel list Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Lookup Value From Excel and Reply With Matching Value Using Outlook 0
D send email from Excel using outlook template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Diane Poremsky Importing Lists from Excel to Outlook Using Outlook 0
N Paste content to Excel when .txt file (attachment) is opened Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M Creating Outlook Appointments from Excel Cells Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Linking Excel Cell to Shared Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4