Cant open open outlook2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
I have bought a new Microsoft Professional 2013.
I want to start using outlook but seems I can not open it at all.
The error message im getting is Outlook needs to download a local cache of your email before you can use it. Then the option, connect. When I want to connect it gives the next error message, The connection to Microsoft Exchange is unvailable. Outlook must be online.

This I can not understand because my internet is connected.
Could someone help me, its a home computer and Im from South Africa.

Are you using an Exchange server? According to your profile, you have an IMAP account, not Exchange server. Open Control panel and find Mail. It's under the user account category, or just use the search box to find it. Click Show Profiles. You can try editing the profile (select the profile, click Properties button) or just delete it and make a new one, using the correct account type.

Do you have an Exchange mailbox? If not, Outlook messed up the profile. This is not unusual when you convert a profile created in a really old version of outlook - it gets confused. You can open the profile in Control panel, Mail and delete the account then add it back. Outlook should get the account right using Auto Account Setup.

See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/config/remove-and-recreate-email-account/ for more information and screenshots.

Thanks im going to try to fix it.
It worked I have deleted all the things I had and made a new one.

Just another question, how do I add yahoo.com email accounts, seems outlook does not pic them up. Is there a reason for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K cant read email or open attachement Using Outlook 0
P cant open tasks in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
D cant open vcf file Using Outlook 1
M I cant send emails via Outlook in my W10 PC. Using Outlook 3
A Cant See outbox items on a secondary Account Exchange Server Administration 3
W Cant connect to outlook.com from outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
jChambler Cant install BCM on windows 10 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 12
R Cant reinstall POP email account Using Outlook 2
Wotme Cant delete a task in task folder Using Outlook 2
V Outlook 2013 cant stay connected to exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
C Cant find emails after moving pst Using Outlook 1
L "sometimes" cant send mail, we have to copy and paste the message and resend? Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007 cant send email with vista Home Premium Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2007 cant create new account Using Outlook 7
B cant accept iCal calendar invites in Outlook 2007 (SP3) Using Outlook 4
S my account cant receive email... Using Outlook 1
P PST reached maximum size- cant delete emails to slim it down Using Outlook 5
S Why Cant i send lots of emails from my hotmail in bulk? Using Outlook 1
C Cant see detailed progress of sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
I BCM install error on XP SP3 with Outlook 2007 - cant install Interop BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
L cant view the history section in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
M cant find my BCM 2007 disc BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Rupert Dragwater How to get Outlook 365 to open from websites Using Outlook 5
Witzker Outlook 2019 Edit contact from email does not open the user defined contactform Using Outlook 3
S Leaving ActiveExplorer open for editing after Sub is done Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Commodore PDF attachments started to open in Edge Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2021 Cannot open attachments Outlook DeskTop 2021 Using Outlook 0
X Open Hyperlinks in an Outlook Email Message (Help with Diane's solution) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S HTML Code Embedded in String Within Open Outlook Email Preventing Replace(Application.ActiveInspector.CurrentItem.HTMLBody From Working Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
talla Can't open Outlook Item. Using Outlook 0
O Outlook on Android: after sharing / sending a news article, draft remains open. Why? Using Outlook 1
K Embedded photos no longer open with Photos or Photo Viewer Using Outlook 7
Witzker Open Contact missing in Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 2
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0
C Outlook 2016/2019 hangs after being open for an extended period Using Outlook 4
M Where is the setting to *turn off* open calendar in a new window? Using Outlook 3
W Automatically open attachments without automatically printing them Using Outlook 0
Y Open and Save Hyperlink Files in multiple emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
J How to open OST file in Outlook 2019 & 2016 Using Outlook 1
C Can't Open Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
D after delete mail, open the next one Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N VBA Script to Open highlighted e-mail and Edit Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M outlook won't open! Using Outlook 1
N Open & Save VBAProject.Otm using VBA Code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4