How to copy attachments from a Public Folder in VBA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Graves

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I am trying to copy attachments that are on a Public Folder (non-default folder) using VBA. I have seen plenty of examples of this from your Inbox or a folder under it, but not from a Public Folder. I know the path and name of the Public Folder that i am looking to get the attachments from. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Here is the code i use to access a folder under my Inbox called "Temp":
Dim olFolder As Outlook.Folder
Set olFolder = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderInbox)
Set olFolder = olFolder.Folders("Temp")

Thank you much Diane, I will get it a try. I also found in the help system of outlook "How to: Obtain a Folder Object from a Folder Path". I have been able to get it to work. I passed the folder Location to a function and the function sets my Public Folder object and i able to go thru all of the emails with attachments and copy them to a folder on my computer. Only the ones that are pertaining to my Location.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G VBA Copy draft email to a new email - attachments not copided Using Outlook 7
C outlook 2003 always not remove temp copy of opened attachments in temporary fo Using Outlook 4
C Copy from one Profile to another Using Outlook 0
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
D Copy Appointment Body to Task Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M copy field value to custom field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O In Agenda-view - How to copy an existing item months ahead or back? Using Outlook 0
C Move or copy from field to field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Z Copy specific email body text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Need to Copy an email to a subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
O Outlook 365 - How to create / copy a new contact from an existing one? Using Outlook 5
S Copy Tasks/Reminders from Shared Mailbox to Personal Tasks/Reminders Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
C Copy Move item won't work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
Commodore Move turns into "copy" Using Outlook 3
C Copy Outlook contact field value to another field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Copy to calendar function no longer working in outlook 365 Using Outlook 5
F Copy and replace not update contact in another pst Using Outlook 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
Commodore Folders always closed in move/copy items dialog box Using Outlook 3
N Outlook rules don't create a copy for bcc'ed emails Using Outlook 3
geofferyh Outlook 2010 How to Copy Outlook Attachment to a Specific Folder? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0
K Outlook Rules: Move a Copy Using Outlook 4
oliv- HOW TO COPY /USE FOLDERS ICONS Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Copy e-mail body from outlook and insert into excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Copy/Move Exchange inbox to Pop inbox Using Outlook 4
R Sending email copy (*.msg file) of sent email if subject line contains specific string. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Copy mails from many subfolders to 1 foldr Using Outlook 2
K ind specific Subject line from outlook and copy the content of the email body to exce Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K How to find specific header and copy the mail body Using Outlook 0
J Copy or Export Outlook Mail to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
G Copy Contact field to Appointment Custom Form Field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
G How to Copy Multi Select Listbox Data to Appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Carrie Dickey Outlook 2016 created two calendars titled Calendar1 - appear to be a copy Using Outlook 2
P How to copy and append data from Outlook 2016 message into Excel 2016 workbook Using Outlook 0
Stilgar Relsik Create a rule to copy text from an email and paste it in the subject line. Using Outlook 1
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
H Macro to Copy Specific content from Mail Body and Paste to Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M How to keep reccurence during copy tasks to calendar? Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Copy New Appointments to Another Calendar using VBA Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Use a macro to copy data in Outlook email to Excel workbook Using Outlook 0
C Copy Task to Non-Microsoft PIM "Rainlendar" Using Outlook 0
C Copy email to excel runtime error 5020 Using Outlook 5
I Copy email from folder to folder - FAILS Using Outlook 5
M Copy new appointments created in multiple shared calendars to another exchange calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0