combining pst & ost calendars & contacts with Office 365

mwh1962

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I use an outlook.com address for Live/OneDrive, plus four POP3 accounts feeding one pst file. I can't get my contacts and calendar in the same file and keep them synchronized with my Windows phone. After installing Office 365, I transferred outlook files from a 2010 version before adding the outlook.com address. The Office 365 is 32-bit, running on a fully updated 64-bit Win 8.1 desktop. How can I reduce everything to one inbox while retaining the ability to send from every address? If that is not possible, how can I get all contacts and one calendar in the same place and synced with phone? The emails feeding the pst file can be changed between POP3 and IMAP, if that would help. It's a shame that ost and pst files cannot be combined or linked or something...

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
You can't get down to one, you need a pst file for the pop accounts. Set the Outlook.com data file as default (File, account settings, data file tab). You might need to create a new pst file for the POP3 accounts and move (not export) the mail from the old pst to it - if the only calendar and contacts folder is in the Outlook.com data file, Outlook should use it for all appointments and contacts.

mwh1962

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Off to a great start, thanks very much, but I still have four sets of contacts I don't know how to combine, and eleven calendars, including archives, birthdays, holidays and four labeled ODIR_Duplicate_Items. One of the contact files, called All Contacts, was created by a friend trying to help me with these issues, who combined the other two (pst & ost), but it isn't updated when changes are made to the others, making it pretty much useless. There are two labeled Contacts-Outlook plus another labeled Contacts-mwhamilton@outlook.com, and these are also present as calendars. Checking only the calendar named mwhamilton@outlook.com may keep everything in one place and synchronized, but I would love to reduce the clutter if possible.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What you want to do is use 1 data file for calendar and contacts - that can be the outlook.com account's data file. For that to work, you need to set it as default data file in file, account settings, Data File tab.

Then go to the Folder List (Ctrl+6) so you can see where each contact folder is. Open the folders and move or copy the contacts to the outlook.com contact folder.

mwh1962

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
OK, sorry to be dense, but exactly where can I use (Ctrl+6) to see a Folder List? All I can find is pst and log files; none for either calendars or contacts. All else is working more and more as I intended, and I really appreciate your sharing such experience and expertise.

mwh1962

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
I found folders in the bottom left pane and tried to do something with them. I deleted a few of the excess calendars, and if I just use the default, I think that issue is settled, but I can't do what I need to do with the contact folders. Trying to move or copy them to the contact folder in outlook.com produces an error message; "We can't create subfolders in this module for Exchange ActiveSynch accounts." Neither can I find a way to export the contents so as to import them in the other file.