Outlook 2007 Calendar Ribbon has changed and I can't fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
When I open an event in Outlook Calendar 2007 I notice that the Ribbon has totally changed and no longer is showing task-related commands, such as notification, day/week/month, and others that had been there previously. I've tried resetting the Ribbon but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions to how I can get back to the normal Ribbon? (I could customize the Quick Access Toolbar, but that would not be my preference).

Thanks

Mike

Forum Admin

Does it show some calendar commands? Oh wait, an open calendar item won't have day/week/month. THis is the default ribbon for appointments:

caledar-ribbon.png

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
That is absolutely correct. That's the Ribbon I would expect to have and instead I've got some other set of commands, and I can't figure out how to revert back to the default above.

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Here's an event that I opened up. Normally I would expect to see the ribbon above, not this one. As you can see I can't set notification time, save, invite attendees, etc. Weird....

upload_2014-6-6_9-48-1.png

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Your appointment tab is missing. Right click on the right end of the ribbon, just after the Symbols section and choose Customize Ribbon. Is Appointments selected? It should be the first one on the list.

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
As you can possibly see from the screen print, most of the commands are grayed out. And when I right click on, or outside, the Command Ribbon, I don't get a Customize Ribbon option. Only Customize Quick Access Toolbar option.

Forum Admin

Yeah, you're using Outlook 2007 so the dialogs are different. sorry about that. You may need to delete the UI file - i'll get you the path to it.

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Any update to this? I'd like to fix it if possible.

Thanks

politzer

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
POP3
Your appointment tab is missing. Right click on the right end of the ribbon, just after the Symbols section and choose Customize Ribbon. Is Appointments selected? It should be the first one on the list.
Did you see my reply earlier? I still haven't gotten an answer on how to correct this.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.