Date/Time Field Natural Language Usage in VBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpsojp

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server 2010
I've searched around for an answer and couldn't find one so I'll ask the experts:

Can VBA make use of Outlook's powerful natural language interpretation of Date/Time entries made to a custom userform?

Here is my scenario:
I've got a userform acting as an in/out board for our office. Users open a form and input whether they are in or out, and if leaving, they have the option of saying where they are going and when they will be back. As the form uses the Outlook Date/Time field, input syntax is very very flexible and works great. Unfortunately, this isn't easy enough, and most people don't take the time to open the "in/out board", open their personal form and fill it in before leaving.

I have a macro written that executes when Outlook closes and asks where you are going and when you will be back then automatically fills in the form data. My problem is that unless the inputbox entry isn't properly formatted as a date, the string is posted to the form's textbox incorrectly. Users can't type "tomorrow" or "Monday" or other natural language inputs as they can on the actual form. Obviously format(), cdate(), datepart(), etc. can help with certain instances, but there's no way I can emulate, with code, the flexibility of the actual field.

So, if there is a VBA function that can use the date/time field directly, or if a macro can write to the form, then process the form it as if a user had actually typed it themselves, we'd have the perfect solution!

Thanks for the help!
-Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Combination Field (Date Format) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V Making a Date field mandatory in outlook form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Display the Created Date field of any Outlook item Using Outlook 0
M Clear custom date field after recurrence Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D Combining date and time into one field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Userform Field Month and Date. Using Outlook 19
G Calculated Date Field In Message Body Using Outlook 1
J Form design - how do I insert an automatic date/time field? Using Outlook 2
0 Add a date stamp to the note field of a custom form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How can I export the "Created" date field in contacts? Using Outlook 3
T date/time field, current year Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
C date formulas / mathematics, setting a field one hour past another field value Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
F Outlook 365 Group INBOX by date but not by date and time Using Outlook 1
S Displaying Date Value In Formula Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
CWM550 Wrong Date Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 365 Copy/Save Emails in Folder Outside Outlook to Show Date Sender Recipient Subject in Header Using Outlook 0
R unable to filter tasks when start date is on or before today Using Outlook 3
U How can the Received date be edited? Using Outlook 0
D This folder up to date vs all folders up to date Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Macro for [Date][Subject] Using Outlook 1
N Save emails within a certain date range to network drive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
kburrows Reset Date to Keep Tasks from Archiving Using Outlook 9
M Extract "Date sent" from emails (saved to folder using drag and drop) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
DDB VBA to Auto Insert Date and Time in the signature Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Short Date Format when typing in a task Using Outlook 2
S Change "This Week" flag start date behavior Using Outlook 1
S Archiving and Likely Modified Date Problem Using Outlook 3
A VBA Script - Print Date between first email in Category X and last email in Category Y Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Outlook 2016 Arrange tasks by date, additional custom sorting, but still use friendly terms like Today, Tomorrow, This week? Using Outlook 1
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
S save attachment with date & time mentioned inside the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Witzker Pls help to change the code for inserting date in Ol contact body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
C Outlook with Office365 - search across account, by date rate, in multiple folders - how? Using Outlook 2
M Sorting by Day in Date Column Advanced Filter BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
V 10 Years calenders -single date together Exchange Server Administration 8
O Export Outlook calendar appointments by filters and date range Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
X If you change expiration date of repeated task it dupplicates Using Outlook 1
D Archive by receive date not working Using Outlook 2
P Auto Insert Current Date or Time into Email Subject Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L Ctrl Alt d date stamp use Using Outlook 1
A Create date folder and move messages daily Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Witzker Outlook 2010 Insert Date & Time at the button of an OL contactform in red Using Outlook 2
O Tasks - Is there a postponed date column? Using Outlook 7
J Command Button to stamp a date and time in a textbox in Outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Outlook Archive to PST Files by Date Range VBA Script? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Save and rename outlook email attachments to include domain name & date received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4