Search multiple address books

TMok

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi, I am facing a problem that hope anyone can help.

I am using Outlook 2010 and it contains may address books - Global Address List, My Contacts, Suggested Contacts and so on. Everytime, while I check an email address for a person by using the Address Book, I have to select the books to locate the persons one by one.

Is there any ways that I just input the name of the persons and it will search all the address books and project their contacts for selection? Thanks a lot!

Forum Admin

Use name only at the top left, not more columns.

Outlook should search the address books until it finds a match in one. Then it stops after it checks that specific address book. If you have Mary Smith in contact folder 1 and Mary jones in contact folder 3, when you search for mary it will only find mary smith. If you search for mary j it'll find mary jones. If both are in contact folder 1 then it will find both.

TMok

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Thnks a lot! However, I still face the problme while below is the structure of my Outlook Address Book

Step2.JPG

Under my account, I have sevarl 連絡人 (My Contacts) that keep my business partners' records. Also, as my Outlook is linked with our Exchange Server, I can also access our Global Address List.

Everytime wihle I type "Patrick" (for example) while composing a new e-mail and press "Check Name", my Outlook only shows those "Patrick" under Global Address List but it would show those "Patrick" in "My Contacts".
Step1.JPG

Then I tried to type "Show More Names ...", it show another searching screen but I still have to search those "Partick" by select each Address Book one by one.

Can Outlook search all "Patrick"s for me?

Thanks a lot!!