email inbox highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summitrider

Outlook version
Email Account
POP3
I have used Outlook 2003 for many years with XP. When I selected an email in my Inbox, whether is was new or been selected and or read before, it became background highlighted in blue. If I opened and read the email and then closed it, the selected email remained background highlighted in blue. This was very convenient for me as often I do not read emails in order and the selection could be in a list of very many. With it background highlighted it was easy to see and move to a folder or delete.

Now I have changed to Windows 7 and selections of new emails, whether read before or not, in the Inbox, once read, go back to the same white background as every other email in the list. However, if I click on the Inbox header the blue background appears. But, for several reasons, I would much rather it be the way it used to be... stay blue until I selected another email. What are the settings I need to make this happen. Thank you.

It may be a bug on how it works with Windows 7 because it should either stay blue or turn gray, not white (but its not on my list of known issues). Unfortunately, it won't be fixed because Office 2003 is out of support.

Here, it turns a light gray (I use the blue theme) on both winxp and win7 when the message list loses focus, although it definitely is a lighter gray. When the message list has focus, the selected message is blue.

outlook-2003.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 365 Forward Email Subject to my inbox when new email arrive in shared inbox Using Outlook 0
D Gmail mail is being delivered to a different email inbox in Outlook App 2021 Using Outlook 2
glnz O365 - How to combine the Inboxes for four email accounts into a single Inbox Using Outlook 7
S Macro to move “Re:” & “FWD:” email recieved the shared inbox to a subfolder in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Inbox shows old email Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
M Inbox not showing to deliver new email to this account Using Outlook 3
B VBA Macro for assigning multiple Categories to an email in my Inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Send email via SMTP - use transport rules to add to senders inbox (then rule to move to sent items Exchange Server Administration 1
Hudas VBA find and open an email without looping thru each email in the inbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Unread email count not displaying on Inbox sub-folders Using Outlook 0
D How to forward each email x minutes after it arrives in inbox and hasn't been moved or deleted? Using Outlook 1
tswatek Inbox problems after adding MS Exchange email Using Outlook 2
judy1117 Defaul open to newest email in inbox Using Outlook 1
R Notification/alert when an email has been sat in inbox for a set period of time Using Outlook 1
J Search shows an email is in my Inbox but I can't see it there. Using Outlook 0
L Auto printing unread email + attachments in Inbox - Outlook 2010 - (New user) Using Outlook 1
anoble1 Can you create a rule once an email moves to the Vault Inbox to another place? Using Outlook 0
O Inbox Search Results won't update when deleting or moving an email Using Outlook 12
D Lost email messages from inbox Using Outlook 0
D User cannot move email messages within Outlook Inbox folder and sub-folders. Using Outlook 0
T Cannot delete single email in INBOX, delete grayed out Using Outlook 7
P Outlook deletes email after 7 days from inbox only Using Outlook 6
S Finding an inbox email question Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
L VBA to Triage Incoming Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Legacy Outlook on Mac Email Cache Using Outlook 0
P Email address auto-completes work fine on laptop, but no longer on desktop Using Outlook 3
S Create Outlook Task from Template and append Body with Email Body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H Copying email address(es) in body of email and pasting in To field Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Search folder and move the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
farrissf Outlook 2016 Optimizing Email Searches in Outlook 2016: Seeking Insights on Quick Search vs Advanced Search Features Using Outlook 0
D Delete selected text in outgoing email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
F Graphics in email / Mac recipient garbled Using Outlook 0
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Witzker Outlook 2019 Macro to seach in all contact Folders for marked Email Adress Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Outlook 365 Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - oMail.Delete not working when SEARCH Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Email Macros to go to a SHARED Outlook mailbox Draft folder...NOT my personal Outlook Draft folder Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Print email attachments when hit subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Spam Email? Using Outlook 2
G Automatically delete email when a condition is met Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Save Selected Email Message as .msg File - digitally sign email doesn't works Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
S Email was migrated from GoDaddy to Microsoft exchange. We lost IMAP ability Exchange Server Administration 1
R Outlook 365 How to integrate a third-party app with Outlook to track email and sms? Using Outlook 2
S Paperclip icon shows without attachment in email under Sent folder Using Outlook 0
B Outlook 2019 Automatically move email after assigning category Using Outlook 4