Add-in "always enabled" but Outlook 13 won't open

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillOGoods

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
POP3
I have two add-ins in Outlook13, 64 bit, SimplyFile and X1 (both are 64 bit compatible). When I first start Outlook13, I get the splash screen and then it says "Outlook has stopped working . . . Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." So I click "Close program." I start Outlook again. When I start it again, it opens up, fine with the yellow notice at the top that says "Add-In Problem." I view the add-ins and both Simply File and X1 are noted saying they caused Outlook to "start slowly" (.031 secs and .047 secs) but they were not "disabled because it's in the always enable list." Outlook works 100% fine after that as do the add-ins.

I have contacted Simply File and X1, downloaded their most recent versions as they said to do. But this problem still persists, can't start Outlook the first time, then, second time all is fine. So, I how do I get Outlook13 to just load the first time without closing the program?

Thanks

Oh the horrors! The addins slow Outlook down by a split second. (I, and many developers, hate this 'feature'. Frickin' thing even disables Microsoft installed addins for being slow.)

Enough of the attempt at humor :), has it always done this or did it start recently?

Thanks for that reply. As a nonprogrammer, I thought I didn't get it and it really was taking much longer to load. Hilarious. But, yes, since the day I installed Outlook 13, 64 bit, it has done this. I thought using Outlook 13 would stop this because I had a similar error message in Outlook 10. Not to be. I'd be happy if the program would just start up the first time. It works perfectly after I go through the second start---after Outlook 13 does it's obligatory crash and tells me it's looking for a solution then is closing.

Well, that rules out it being an update and puts it squarely on the back of Outlook being a slave driver 'faster, faster, FASTER!"

Does it load ok if you disable one of the addins? (I'm wondering if the addins conflict with each other.)

I'll try that and report back, but, if it helps, on cold boot it will always fail to load, I end up clicking the button to shut down, then I restart Outlook and it's fine. Most of the time, but not always, if I shut down Outlook and then start up again in the same "session," (a warm boot), then it will load fine without restart. So, maybe your on to it by thinking the add-ins click. I'll let you know in a few hours.

When neither the x1 add-in nor the SimplyFile add-in are enabled, Outlook opens normally. If I disable one and not the other, Outlook opens normally. So, problem is confined to when both are trying to load. But why does that cause the first attempt to start Outlook to always fail? Then the second start to always open?

[typo fixed]

I'll look into it, but I'm assuming both are trying to do the same thing and locking each other out, causing outlook to crash.

Sorry, I see in my last post I didn't say it right in the opening sentence. Should have said that when both x1 and SimplyFile are disabled, Outlook starts normally with no messages. Sorry for any confusion.

Thank you! I'll wait to hear from you and appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Can't add custom field to custom Outlook form, it always adds to the Folder instead Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B When working on emails in a certain folder, when I hit reply or reply all, I would like it re always reply all and add an email address to send to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
G Add Map It button to Custom Contacts Form in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G Outlook 2021 Add Picture to Custom Contact Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
S Outlook 2019 Custom outlook Add-in using Visual Studio Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G automatically choosing "add to autocorrect" option Using Outlook 0
F Want to add second email to Outlook for business use Using Outlook 4
K Add an entry to a specific calendar Using Outlook 1
F Add a category before "Send an Email When You Add an Appointment to Your Calendar" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Want to create a button on the nav bar (module add-in) to run code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M "Attachment Detacher for Outlook" add in, does it update the server copy of the email? Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 365 Add keywords from Listbox to the message body where cursor is placed Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
O Add Day Number of the year for 2023-2033 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J GoDaddy migrated to Office365 - Outlook Wont Add Account Exchange Server Administration 21
F Outlook 2019 Outlook 2019 Add and Sync to New computer Comcast server Using Outlook 2
Witzker Add a text line at the end of the note field in all selected Contacts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
A iCloud Outlook Add In is causing Outlook 2021 to crash and got disabled Using Outlook 10
N How to add or delete items to Move dropdown Menu Using Outlook 0
G Add contacts birthday to calendar Using Outlook 4
V How to add 'Previous Item' and 'Next Item' to the Quick Access Toolbar Using Outlook 1
Commodore Safe way to add or update holidays; Windows Notifications issue Using Outlook 8
kkqq1122 How would I add Search for attachment name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
L did MS ever add way to text via Outlook Using Outlook 5
P How to add a column named categories when searching in Outlook Using Outlook 0
M add new attendee to existing meetings with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
N Can't create NEW GROUP and add/remove a member from existing Group in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Witzker Outlook 2019 Pls. add a Prefix for OUTLOOK 2019 here Using Outlook 1
P Add inanimate objects to meetings? Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2010 Add delete button to the side of the message list Using Outlook 1
BartH Add a string to the conditions in .Conditions.BodyOrSubject.Text Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A "Get Add-Ins" - Which Version of Outlook to use Using Outlook 1
D Do I need Exchange Add-In? Using Outlook 6
C-S-R Manage Add-ins (Remove Wunderlist) Using Outlook 6
A iCloud add in problems Using Outlook 4
L Macro to add Date & Time etc to "drag to save" e-mails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
C Looking for feedback on new Outlook Add-in Using Outlook 0
L isn't there an OL add-on that flags addressee before sending Using Outlook 3
S Add VBA save code Using Outlook 0
P Shortcut Pane - add shortcut to Office365 group mailbox Using Outlook 1
Z Add ComboBox Value to Body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G How to add a folder shortcut to outlook quick access toolbar? Using Outlook 6
G Add to Outlook Contacts - Point to non-default contacts folder Using Outlook 0
M Automatically add senders first name to a greeting Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Add Form to Appointments Received, Automatically Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
O Outlook tasks - Add text column with multiple lines Using Outlook 3
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
Z Task Filter Not Working When I add too many criteria Using Outlook 0
D Add date next to day name in Outlook Today calendar view Using Outlook 1
D iCloud Add-in not working in Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 After Windows Upgrade & iCloud Upgrade Using Outlook 2