Filtering a view based on a custom field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Redekopp

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
We use Outlook 2013 (and 2010) connected to Exchange accounts on Office 365 enterprise plan.

I have create a custom field that shows the delay time between when an email was sent (or at least when it is shows as being sent), and when it was received. I created it in the user’s inbox and also created it in their deleted items folder.

Name: Delay Min
Formula: int(([Received]-[Sent])*1440)

This part works great and I have created a search folder which includes both the Inbox and Deleted Items folders (without subs). I can see and choose my custom field just fine on the view screen.

I created a new view for that search folder and filtered it based on email received in the last 7 days. I want to further filter that list down to only show email where the Delay is > 1 minute. BUT… I cannot reference my custom field for the filter screen. The “User Defined fields in <folder>” is blank for filtering, grouping, and for query builder. I am familiar with SQL so thought I might be able to use that but don’t have a data dictionary or any examples to get started there.

Is what I am trying to do possible? If so, how would you suggest I tackle it?

Thanks!
-Randy-

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
It's because its a formula field. You can use VBA to make the calculations, which will be sortable, groupable, and filterable. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/email/sort-messages-sender-domain/

I created a custom field using the first macro on the page - replaced two lines with the following:

Code:
         strDomain = (objMail.ReceivedTime - objMail.SentOn) *  1440
         Set objProp = objMail.UserProperties.Add("DelayTime", olInteger, True)
Those lines will work in any of the other macros on the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.