Image in original e-mail is hyperlinked when a reply with the image is hyerplinked

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgq85

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
First of all I'm not sure if this is an Outlook or Exchange question. I am running Outlook 2010 in an Exchange 2010 environment, and am noticing something I haven't seen before.

To explain the issue/scenario using fake names:

Bob e-mailed me a picture in Outlook (pasted inside the message body).
The picture was not hyperlinked to a URL. It was just a copy/paste of an image.

I replied and provided Bob a hyperlink to embed into the image (you know, the Ctrl+K or Insert Hyperlink method). And he replied back with the image inserted again, this time with the image hyperlink'd.

Then I went back to the original e-mail Bob had sent me, and THAT image was now hyperlinked. Originally it was not. I'm not scrolling down in the thread/conversation, I'm opening the original e-mail he sent me, and somehow that image is now hyperlinked.

Is Exchange doing this? Or Outlook?

Is it updating based on the reply or does the sender have a way of changing the original message they sent as it shows up in my Inbox?

It's not getting updated by the sender and Outlook/Exchange did not edit it. It was either that way before and you missed it, or you put the message into Edit mode and did something to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2k/2k3 Reply or Forward: Signature image replaced by original sender Using Outlook 3
J Increase read pane font size, but NOT image size? Using Outlook 3
O The linked image cannot be displayed Using Outlook 2
C "The linked image cannot be displayed. The file may have been moved, renamed, or deleted. Verify that the link points to the correct file location" Using Outlook 1
O How to prevent image resize when pasting Using Outlook 2
T The Linked Image Cannot Be Displayed in Outlook Using Outlook 7
P Can't paste an image into a task Using Outlook 3
D Reply with a template loose the sender's embedded image Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
Y Images coming through as Cid:image in outlook Using Outlook 0
L Block email signature image Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Image Quality in Signatures Using Outlook 0
O How to move contacts folder image of a drive Using Outlook 1
Q Why can't I copy image with embedded hyperlink from email to Word Using Outlook 0
G Image scaling on high DPI screens Using Outlook 1
P Select image in contact notes field and save as jpg Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
crazyboy Copying BCM database from backed up mounted image to new drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Picture/Image/Attachment Resizing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
oj43085 Prevent Outlook from blocking image from a single source Using Outlook 4
Maybear Sudden change in Outlook, no image display, email no longer offers suggestions for address Using Outlook 8
T Error opening mail with pictures - "The linked image cannot be displayed" Using Outlook 3
G Create rule based on image in email body Using Outlook 1
I How to add image header to email Using Outlook 2
E Outllook 2010 Header Image Using Outlook 3
R Add image within email and not attachment Using Outlook 2
B Need help adding an image next to the Month Name in the header. Using Outlook 1
A Vanishing signature image in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Save embedded image in native format Using Outlook 6
C Email image problems Using Outlook 6
A Unhandled exception: picture argument should be an image BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
P disable image compression Using Outlook 5
D Unable to resize image in email signature Using Outlook 4
K Adding Image to "new email window" in Office 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Adding a background image to a mail item using automation Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
T Outlook: Get Image Content ID from existing email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Database Files to be Copied from Backup Image - No BCM Backup Data BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
K Re: embeded image change Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Quick steps delete original email and move reply/sent email to folder Using Outlook 2
F Forward incoming email with 4 embedded images in the body without original sender Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 22
T Macro to move reply and original message to folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
S Email Generated from another program and then edited sends original email. Using Outlook 2
T Original email text not shown when replying or forwarding the email. Using Outlook 9
Bering Forward selected email without the original email appended Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B disappearing original when attach to email Using Outlook 1
L Macro/VBA to Reply All, with the original attachments Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
B Outlook 2013 erratically deleting original file that is attached Using Outlook 0
Z VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
R Retain Original Message When Forwarding With Macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Keep Original html body when forwarding an email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7