Configure Outlook so Exchange uses cached mode but new items are by default saved to Outlook.com

Brian Granowitz

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
In Outlook 2010 & 2013 I have my personal outlook.com account and 2 work Exchange accounts.

What I Want
At home, when I create calendar events, contacts, tasks, etc. I want them to be, by default, saved to my outlook.com account\data file. Saving it to an Exchange account and then moving it my outlook.com account is a hassle.

Issue
In Control Panel > Mail, using default settings for all accounts, I can't make the outlook.com data file the default since I have Exchange accounts in the profile. An Outlook limitation\requirement.

Not great workaround
On my personal laptops (2010 & 2013), I've disabled Cached mode for my Exchange accounts. This leaves only the outlook.com data file on my computer, and provides the desired results.

Resulting Issue
But, now I can't use my Exchange accounts offline, intermittent connectivity plays havoc with usability of Outlook. It's not a great experience.

Question
Is there some other way to configure Outlook so Exchange accounts use cached mode, but when I create calendar events, contacts, tasks, etc., they're, by default, saved to my outlook.com account\data file.

Thanks, Brian