VBA, Rule that will Auto Reply based on time of day

Status
Not open for further replies.

nllewis

Has any one created a VBA script to run on Outlook 2007 that will auto reply with a message but only during specific times? Need to only reply to specific senders, during specific times of the night.

Or is there an easy way to upload/import search data criteria into a rule so it only fires on specific times (such as: 8:00:00 AM, 8:01:00 AM) I really don't want to have to type in 100 or more specific times.

Thank you for reading my post.

You can use a run a script rule.

Code:
Sub AutoReplywithTemplate(Item As Outlook.MailItem)

If Time < #8:00:00 AM# Or Time > #12:00:00 PM# Then
Set myReply = Item.Reply
myReply.HTMLBody = "my comment" & vbCrLf & myReply.HTMLBody
' Change display to send after testing
myReply.Display

End If
End Sub

if you want to fire it between 8 and noon, use
If Time > #8:00:00 AM# AND Time < #12:00:00 PM# Then
From http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/rules/run-script-rule-reply-message/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P VBA to add email address to Outlook 365 rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Modify VBA to create a RULE to block multiple messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
D VBA - unable to set rule condition 'on this computer only' Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
diver864 vba for a rule to automatically accept meeting requests with 'vacation' in subject, change to all-day event, change to free, don't send reply Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Outlook Email Rule execution through shortcut keys (VBA codes) Using Outlook 1
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
K VBA BeforeItemMove event create rule to always move to its folder. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
M VBA Rule for removing all body but hyperlink then forwarding Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 9
O VBA rule on multiple computers using shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O modify vba to run it as script rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
I shared mailbox - can i create a rule (vba) for every user? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
G VBA code to enable a rule based on time of day for a IMAP mail account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Gary Brown Outlook 2013 VBA to run a rule Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
C Further automate several tasks with rule, VBA or Quick Step Using Outlook 1
S Outlook VBA rule script to process both MailItem and MeetingItem Using Outlook 0
D Update existing rule using VBA Using Outlook 2
R vba rule exception "except with specific words in the sender's add Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 2003/2007 Rule and Conditions for InBox VBA customization Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
K Re: Cuestom outlook rule using vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
H using VBA to edit subject line Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
G Get current open draft message body from VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Geldner Problem submitting SPAM using Outlook VBA Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Outlook 2016 outlook vba to look into shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
V VBA Categories unrelated to visible calendar and Visual appointment Categories Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Outlook VBA forward the selected email to the original sender’s email ID (including the email used in TO, CC Field) from the email chain Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Outlook 365 VBA AUTO SEND WITH DELAY FOR EACH EMAIL Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Outlook 2019 VBA to List Meetings in Rooms Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
geoffnoakes Counting and/or listing fired reminders via VBA Using Outlook 1
O VBA - Regex - remove double line spacing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D.Moore Strange VBA error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
K vba code to auto download email into a specific folder in local hard disk as and when any new email arrives in Inbox/subfolder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Fetch, edit and forward an email with VBA outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
BartH VBA no longer working in Outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Can vba(for outlook) do these 2 things or not? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
MattC Changing the font of an email with VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
P MailItem.To Property with VBA not work Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
P Tweak vba so it can target another mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Outlook 2010 VBA fails to launch Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
richardwing Outlook 365 VBA to access "Other Actions" menu for incoming emails in outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W Create a Quick Step or VBA to SAVE AS PDF in G:|Data|Client File Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
J Outlook Rules VBA Run a Script - Multiple Rules Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
C Outlook (desktop app for Microsoft365) restarts every time I save my VBA? Using Outlook 1
D VBA Macro to Print and Save email to network location Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
TedSch Small vba to kill political email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Outlook 365 Outlook/VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
N VBA Macro To Save Emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Z VBA Forward vs manual forward Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J VBA Cannot programmatically input or change Value for User Defined field Using Outlook 1
J VBA for outlook to compare and sync between calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1