Contact's Notes field not transferring when forwarding vCard

Eduardo

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Hello All,

Sorry if this has already been answered, I searched around the Forums and did not find an answer.

I have Outlook 2013 at Home, when my Wife updates a Contact and sends it to me (at Work, Outlook Home and Business 2010) using the "Forward as a vCard" option, I get the contact info, but a blank "Notes" field. Any ideas or settings that can change that functionality so the entire Contact Record is included?

Thanks!

Eduardo

Eduardo

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
IMAP
Thanks Diane, I understand the first part of your answer, but I'm not clear on what you mean by: "if its inserted as an outlook contact, it should include the notes field." Can you clarify/expand?

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
She is forwarding it as a vcard - this is supported by any application that can open vcards. If its sent as an outlook item, it can only be opened by outlook and should include the notes field. forward as an outlook contact or use the Insert > Outlook item to send it.

Forward as vcard creates a smallish attachment with the vcf extension, forward as outlook contact will have a larger attachment and no extension.

johng34

Outlook version
Outlook 2013 64 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
There is a way, but only one contact at a time. If you open a contact, then do a file-> save as -> (specify a vCard Files (*.vcf) type, it WILL have the "Notes" field in it.
I also am looking for a way to save multiple contacts with the "Notes" field. :-(

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Outlook doesn't support multi-cards, so you'll need to use an addin or a macro to do it from outlook.