Save Draft Emails

hugniceman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,

When I click "save" while composing a message, nothing happens; a draft doesn't get saved to my draft folder and I can't seem to figure out where the message is being saved to. Similarly, unsent messages used to get saved automatically to m,y draft folder, but this doesn't happen anymore.

How can I get Outlook to save my drafts?

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2010.

Thank you!

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
This is an exchange mailbox? They should be in the drafts folder for the account. If its an imap account they are in the default data file's drafts folder.

Go to File, Options, Mail - about halfway down the page is Save Messages section. Is it automatically saving drafts and to what folder?

hugniceman

Outlook version
Outlook 2010 32 bit
Email Account
Exchange Server
This is an exchange mailbox? They should be in the drafts folder for the account. If its an imap account they are in the default data file's drafts folder.

Go to File, Options, Mail - about halfway down the page is Save Messages section. Is it automatically saving drafts and to what folder?
Hi Diane,

Thank you for your reply. I think this is an exchange mailbox...how do I determine this?

When I go to File, Options, Mail, Save Messages, it says it is saving to the "Drafts" folder. However, my messages disappear if I don't send them - they never appear in the "draft" folder, even if I manually click "save."

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Go to File, Account settings - to the right of the email account name is the account type.

Go to the folder list - Ctrl+6 is a shortcut for it. See if you can find more than one drafts folder. (Use Ctrl+1 to go back to the mail view)