Syncing locations in calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariobgr

Outlook version
Email Account
Exchange Server
Hi,
I created a WebDAV server, which syncs the events user post in the calendar. A simple PHP parser even reads the data (published or edited) and pushes the update back to all users. My problem is how to connect the clients with the published events.

1. Analyze the event description, trying to search for keywords and identify for which client does the user post a meeting (not cool - too much effort for a simple task);
2. Create a database with most common typos and locate the actual name there;
3. I don't use the input for Location - I can ask them to write the client's name there; but there may be typos, which would result in not connecting the user input to an actual client in the database;

So I was wondering - is there a way to "push" a predefined list of locations to the users, so that they can choose from them? This way the chance of a typo is much smaller...

No, not really, not using native features. The list is an MRU and is stored in the registry - you could use a logon script to restore it daily, but it only holds 10 names.

You could do something with a macro or custom form that gets the names from a database file, csv, excel etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
A Imap account not auto syncing inbox at startup Using Outlook 0
P Syncing Outlook & iPhone Calendars Using Outlook 4
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can someone explain syncing with Outlook and Gmail Using Outlook 3
G Outlook 365 with iCloud account not syncing calendars Using Outlook 2
P Outlook tasks not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 2
TomHuckstep Outlook 2016 Limit the number of days syncing from Google Calendar Using Outlook 1
cricket1001 Problems with calendar syncing Using Outlook 0
F My hotmail calendar is not syncing with my outlook but my email is Using Outlook 3
P Syncing problems with add-ins Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010 Advice on syncing OL2010 Calendar and Outlook app Using Outlook 0
M Quicken One Step Update Bill Reminders Not Syncing to Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Syncing on outlook.com Using Outlook 4
N Need help syncing contacts to iPhone X Using Outlook 8
N Syncing my inbox not working for certain types of mail Using Outlook 9
J Syncing notes between Outlook 2016/Exchange and Outlook for Android Using Outlook 2
T Syncing to Android Phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
S Problems syncing emails with webmail after changing to Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
H Syncing Outlook notes with ios Using Outlook 3
A added new calendar, now not syncing to windows phone Using Outlook 3
S Outlook User defined date field (UDF) not syncing Using Outlook 2
F Contacts folders not syncing with hosted exchange Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky iCloud and Outlook Problems: Syncing Calendar Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Issues Syncing Outlook and iCloud Contacts Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Syncing Outlook with an Android smartphone Using Outlook 0
Charles Brooks SEES Exchange not syncing with win 10 calendar. Exchange Server Administration 0
R Outlook 2016 not syncing all folders Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2016 - Mail Not Syncing With iPhone Outlook App Using Outlook 1
makinmyway How Prevent Re-Formatting of Contact Notes Field When Syncing Using Outlook 10
A windows mobile 10 calendar not syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Syncing Office 365 folders to match Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 3
B Contacts just stop syncing, yesterday... Using Outlook 4
J Outlook 2013 Syncing contacts with Android phone - Outlook.com vs Outlook apps Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
K Outlook 2007 IMAP account stops syncing new messages Using Outlook 0
T Not all contacts are syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
K Outlook 2013 Outlook 2013 no longer syncing 1 of 5 IMAP accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
G Outlook 2013 not syncing changes to outlook.com account calendar? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 8
I Outlook Contacts and Calenders not syncing between PC, IPhone, and Windows 8.1 tablet Using Outlook 3
Commodore Syncing Outlook 2013 and Windows phone Using Outlook 8
Ascar_CT Adding contacts on Android phone and then syncing them to Outlook Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
V iCloud not syncing categorized calendar events Using Outlook 7
B Outlook.com calendar no longer syncing with Blackberry Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
T Syncing iPhone w/Outlook Using Outlook 1
VCC Icloud/Outlook Syncing Issues Using Outlook 1
Marcy Outlook and SharePoint 2013 - Syncing Contacts Using Outlook 2
A outlook 2013 not syncing Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V Outlook not syncing with iCloud Using Outlook 5
I Different users connected to an IMAP email aren't syncing with each other Using Outlook 5
A How are you handling Outlook.com category issue and syncing Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
P syncing outlook calendars Using Outlook 12