How to restore default view Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsepower

Outlook version
Outlook 2019 for Mac
Email Account
Outlook.com (as MS Exchange)
This morning I inadvertently click somewhere in the message list and it shrunk and diffused all message in all folders. How can I restore default VIEW? Thank you.

Did you click on the triangles next to the folder names? If that is not the problem, can you post a screenshot?

If all else fails ,you could restart outlook with the /resetnavpane and again using /cleanviews but both are nuclear options and will wipe out customizations.

I clicked somewhere in a message and it changed the whole thing. I did try the "cleanviews" option. Then I went and tried a bunch of things to get it back and dug the hole deeper (I think). Outlook 365 home subscription, Windows 8.1.

Attachments

• OutlookView.jpg
    OutlookView.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 907
it looks like the reading pane is narrow or off, otherwise looks normal. <g> if the navigation pane on the left is missing, Alt+F1 will cycle it back.

The compact view of the message list kicks in when the message list is no more than 100 px wide - pull the bar to the right of the scrollbar to the left to make it narrower (and make the reading pane wider.)

Well, 3 times Alt+F1 returned it (thanks), all that is left is I do not know why when I reply "file" instead of "message" is highlighted. I can easily click "message" to get the send option, but it used to be in "message" mode by default.

You have the ribbon minimized? File isn't selected, its just darker.... confuses the heck out of everyone.

It's ok when I create a new message, but when I open a message it looks like this by default and I have to click "message" to get the option to reply.

Attachments

• Reply.jpg
    Reply.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 564
Yeah, it's minimized. You can add the Reply button to the QAT or use Ctrl+R - or double click on the Message 'tab' so it stays open (or right click and click on Collapse the ribbon to remove the checkmark from it)

Awesome, thanks. I cannot believe I messed up with a couple of clicks the other day. I guess in the old days I was nimble fingers, now I must be nimble clicker...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
wallisellener BCM - restore default settings BCM (Business Contact Manager) 36
J Outlook 2003 .pst Will Not Restore Completely to Outlook 2019 Using Outlook 5
David Langer Outlook 2016 (365) How to restore the ability to Re-Map iCloud IMAP Folders Using Outlook 5
P Restore an individual all-day recurring event Using Outlook 2
J How to restore field no longer visible in field chooser? Using Outlook 1
S How to restore corrupted PST file over 2GB in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G pst file restore Outlook 2013 from HTC One M9 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Create a list of color categories and merge or restore the list using VBA Using Outlook 0
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
M Is it possible to restore deleted webmail to server? Using Outlook 3
B How to restore a Contacts Group back into the Contacts list Using Outlook 1
C Custom Search Folders deleted, /resetnavpane, can i restore? How? Exchange Server Administration 1
B Restore deleted contact distribution list Using Outlook 1
E Birthdays & Holidays in ICloud, how to restore them to Outlook Using Outlook 2
D Restore Delete Calendar Meeting Request Using Outlook 3
J Outlook client not redrawing completely upon restore Using Outlook 0
I Restore Outlook 2010 from iCloud Using Outlook 2
R Restore Master Category List Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 7
O BCM Dbase Issues (both not seeing dbase & not allowing restore for wrong owner BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook 2003: Restore location Using Outlook 1
E Disappointed in Outlook 2007, backup, restore, synch Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2007 backup and restore function Using Outlook 2
P How to restore my previous address book after an iPhone sync changed it Using Outlook 2
M My Contacts Folder has disappeared. How do I restore it? Using Outlook 2
E How to restore BCM Database after upgrade from Vista to Win7? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
D Can not restore database in business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
R Business Contact Manager - MDF and LDF file restore in Windows 7 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 3
S Restore a Meeting (accidentally deleted in my calendar) Using Outlook 3
F Possible to restore/reinstall "special" buttons on custom form? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Backup and restore E2K7 with Server2K8 Exchange Server Administration 4
A how to access BCM database after system restore BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
S Restore Deleted Folders and Emails in .pst Using Outlook 6
V Re: How can I restore a deleted distribution list to my contacts? Using Outlook 5
J Set calendar default to 'none' (policy) Exchange Server Administration 3
J Calendar events created on iPhone automatically changing default alert from 'None' to 'Time of Event' Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
P turn off the default "all day" check box in new calendar items. How? Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 365 New Appointments All saved to a 365 default calendar on Mac Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2021 Using vba code to delete all my spamfolders not only the default one. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2019 Custom Email form - Edit default email form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
W Outlook 365 I am getting the "Either there is no default mail client" error when I try to send an email on excel Office 365 Using Outlook 1
P Outlook 2016 Change Paste Special Default Format Using Outlook 8
Geldner Tweak Junk Email Reporting tool to default to particular email on send? Using Outlook 3
P default font when sending email from browser Using Outlook 1
nmanikrishnan Auto-reply from default account Using Outlook 1
E Default shape via VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
A force outlook to default to MY calendar Using Outlook 3
F VBA to move email from Non Default folder to Sub folders as per details given in excel file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Outlook 2010 How to set default email address for website links Using Outlook 3
V Accepted meetings do not get the default reminder Using Outlook 0
Fozzie Bear Accepted Zoom Invites deleting without going into Default Calendar - Office 2016 Mac Using Outlook 3